Author Topic: Del Taco  (Read 3114 times)

Offline MadBob

Del Taco
« on: February 16, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »
Welp,
Didn't quite know where to put this post, In the chain thread or what's for dinner of whatever.
So Del Taco is now open on Scenic Hwy at Ronald Reagan Pkwy in Snellville, in the Target parking lot.
According to George, (he is from Corporate), this is a Corporate store and they opened on Monday. Quite an adventure getting their food here, comes by rail and and is trucked from Florida. The place has been packed and they were busy unloading from 2 trailers.
Me being from SoCal, I had to go visit tonight.
Had a deluxe Del Meat and fries. For as busy and new as the place was I have to say that they did a good job. Service was timely and for a chain the food was fresh. Huzzaa for the change in venues for the soccer moms and dads  and anyone one else in a hurry. Oh, and the Del Inferno hot sauce had a nice bite to it. Even had some flavor!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:33:39 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Del Taco
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
Welp,
Didn't quite know where to put this post, In the chain thread or what's for dinner of whatever.
So Del Taco is now open on Scenic Hwy at Ronald Reagan Pkwy in Snellville, in the Target parking lot.
According to George, (he is from Corporate), this is a Corporate store and they opened on Monday. Quite an adventure getting their food here, comes by rail and and is trucked from Florida. The place has been packed and they were busy unloading from 2 trailers.
Had a deluxe Del Meat and fries. For as busy and new as the place was I have to say that they did a good job. Service was timely and for a chain the food was fresh. Huzzaa for the change in venues for the soccer moms and dads  and anyone one else in a hurry. Oh, and the Del Inferno hot sauce had a nice bite to it. Even had some flavor!

OMG Bob, you have gone over to the other side....  ;)

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Welp,

I could tell you where this post belongs, but I am trying to turn a less grubber eye on food reviews this year.

LOL

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:19:42 AM »
I did catch the addition Mike, Thanks! LOL  In the meantime, the Blackbird Flock is roosting in the pine trees in my backyard. Now I know why. Hmmmm..... Blackbird Pie in the making?  snicker
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline totm

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »
At least contain a link if you are going to post it here.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline MadBob

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:12:43 AM by MadBob »

Offline MadBob

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »
Since we love Del Taco so much, and I also read about it in a different thread regarding a sendoff for the FG and TS send off, I will change the venue from the food chain Del Taco to the El Rey Del Taco on Buford Highway. Holy smoke!! 
Mike, your statement about their food being as real as it get's (or words to that effect) was once again, spot on!
We enjoyed a variety of some wonderful Mexican food today! The Shrimp cocktail reminded me of our visits to Ensenada and Rosarito, Mexico. Plenty of shrimp in every bite and a nice balance of the sauce that was mixed in with it.
The Chorizo, Carnitas and Carne Asada tacos were excellent. Too bad the staff would not sell us some of the house made chorizo, I tried a couple times to convince them that I would not tell anyone if they did!
Also in the offering was a Shrimp Chili Relleno. Lightly battered and with the cojito cheese was a plus plus. I have not found anything like it in any of my travels. And the beans had enough flavor to stand by themselves. Even with the addition of ham pieces and weiners, these could be a total meal by themselves.
Hand made corn tortillas to top it off, made while you wait and a Negro Modelo to wash it all down with. BIG SCORE!! 
Thank you 285 Foodies for sending FG & TS out with a bang at this BuHi destination for excellent Mexican food and writing about it! We now have our Mexican food fix taken care of.
We have been to other places on BuHi, but this one will be on our # 1 hit parade for some time to come.
Now, time for a siesta.....