Author Topic: Them Crooked Vultures @ Tabernacle on 2/11  (Read 6440 times)

Offline FlyinBrian

Them Crooked Vultures @ Tabernacle on 2/11
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »
TCV were the musical guests on SNL last weekend.  This was a bit of a teaser for the upcoming East coast shows that they announced last month.  I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys on Thursday.  I was thinking about hitting Antico or Bocado before the show but I think we are going to settle for a place within walking distance of the Tabernacle.  If we get down there early enough we might hit McCormick & Schmick's for their Famous Happy Hour Menu.

-B

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Them Crooked Vultures @ Tabernacle on 2/11
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
TCV were the musical guests on SNL last weekend.  This was a bit of a teaser for the upcoming East coast shows that they announced last month.  I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys on Thursday.  I was thinking about hitting Antico or Bocado before the show but I think we are going to settle for a place within walking distance of the Tabernacle.  If we get down there early enough we might hit McCormick & Schmick's for their Famous Happy Hour Menu.

-B

When they started up on SNL last night they were a bit rough, but once they got going, and especially with their second number they were terrific..    Perhaps I just don't like the first song they played, though the end of it was killer.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:53:38 PM »
When they started up on SNL last night they were a bit rough, but once they got going, and especially with their second number they were terrific..    Perhaps I just don't like the first song they played, though the end of it was killer.

I agree.  The first song was a little muddy.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

I agree.  The first song was a little muddy.

It was good again to hear those Very good guitar licks live and in person on TV...

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
My girlfriend and I will be at Sidebar before the show, probably playing some air hockey.  This will be my 4th time seeing TCV and her 5th (I had to fly out right before she saw them in Philly).  This makes me sound like a TCV fanatic, but I'm really just along for the ride.  My girlfriend loves to follow bands around, and her two favorite bands ever are probably Zeppelin and Queens of the Stone Age, so she flipped out when TCV formed and we went on a little tour of Nashville, Detroit, Toronto, New York, and Philly.

Brian, I don't actually go to very many concerts, so it's funny you're going to two fairly small shows I'm going to. 

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
My girlfriend and I will be at Sidebar before the show, probably playing some air hockey.  This will be my 4th time seeing TCV and her 5th (I had to fly out right before she saw them in Philly).  This makes me sound like a TCV fanatic, but I'm really just along for the ride.  My girlfriend loves to follow bands around, and her two favorite bands ever are probably Zeppelin and Queens of the Stone Age, so she flipped out when TCV formed and we went on a little tour of Nashville, Detroit, Toronto, New York, and Philly.

Brian, I don't actually go to very many concerts, so it's funny you're going to two fairly small shows I'm going to. 

I am meeting my friends at Ted's for a beer and a burger before the show.  I will PM you my mobile if you would like to meet up at the show.

-B

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »
Awesome concert.  They sounded better than they did in October and the sound at the Tabernacle was also better than any other place I saw them.  Did you find your jacket Brian?

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »
Them Crooked Vultures are on Autin City Limits tonight.  Set the DVR, it should be a good one!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:16:06 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »
The band lived up to my expectations.  They were tight and appeared to be having fun.  I had blast at the show despite the fact that someone decided to take my coat home with them.  I called and emailed the Tabernacle.  I'd be surprised if I recover it at this point.  Luckily I didn't have any valuables in my coat pockets.

-B

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »
Them Crooked Vultures are on Autin City Limits tonight.  Set the DVR, it should be a good one!

GG>- Damn good band.  Strange thing again though, two of the songs started up and I guessed I would not-like them in the first few minutes, I slowly got involved with the music and ended up liking the songs.  When they are tight they are astounding, If they stay together, a year from now they will even be better.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 03:13:17 PM »
For what it's worth, TCV won a Grammy for their song New Fang.