Author Topic: Christmas Cooking 2011  (Read 3988 times)

Offline LizR

• Email
Re: Christmas Cooking 2011
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
I have to say that I am not a huge goose fan either, but DH likes the idea of the challenge. We've only made goose twice I think - the second after we got a good vent hood because I basically forbade it without one. Yes, I kind of sort of have that power, at least sometimes. The first time without the hood was a HUGE mess of grease on all of the kitchen windows. I like the idea of goose, and the idea of roasting a whole duck as well, but probably like the actuality of cooking cut-up duck parts different ways better. Still get a lot of good fat that way but without the huge mess and the "gooseyness" flavor. YMMV. However, if I were to get a free goose, I'd certainly cook it. Good for you FG!

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »

Or New Years cooking, who can tell

as a sideline, it is terrific to be back at home and cooking on my Big Green Egg.

of course it is THIGHS tonight with wide noodles, the old-style asparagus, and the chix.

It is way good to be home in the arena that I love and able to fix and fiddle with the dishes as I see fit.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 07:13:15 PM »

Goose or duck is in our close future.  I love the challenge, and I truly love the results. 

I will honor the duck/goose fat in a better way that I have in years past.   We both love spuds fried in duck fat.  'Nuff said.   

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.