Author Topic: Employment seeking  (Read 11457 times)

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
Re: Employment seeking
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:42 PM »
Good luck in Oregon. It seems like a really nice place to live, from what I've been told.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline MadBob

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 06:05:04 PM »
Find a bar where the Clampers hang out, then mebbe score an invite to join in the ECV activities!  It's all about the History and Preservation of the Gold Rush ya know. And, they have some mighty fine cookouts to boot!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline rebelliousrose

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »
Congratulations! I am thinking about bailing on the ATL myself; can't seem to find a job here not in restaurants, and since I got a great new job and then the company laid off 75 people two months later, I am frustrated. I was actually going to Oregon myself some years ago; Van Duzer and I were talking, but it fell through due to the economy. *sighs*

I am so glad you have offers, and I am thrilled for you!

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 08:07:26 AM »
This board will feel the loss, that's for certain.  I agree with the renting idea.  What's the school district?

Sprayberry. Our house is just off of Canton rd. in a subdivision, close to Barrett Parkway and close to the square. Not sure about renting, since I'm sure we'd have to hire a property management company, what with being on the other side of the country and all, but these are some of the decisions that we have to make.

I will miss everyone here, of course, but many of you are already friends with me on Facebook (pm me if you want to add me but don't know my real name.) I'll be sure to stop back here and visit from time to time.  :)
Food is my favorite.

Offline Girly

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »
Congrats! Moving to the other side of the US map will be such a great adventure. I've always wanted the opportunity to do that and have so far been stuck in the SE! What kind of time frame are you looking at for moving?

I have the name of a woman who lives in Acworth who does property management. I've done some work with her and have been very impressed. She may just do small apartments (she managed our property on Moreland before we took it over) but if you're interested, LMK. She charged us according to rent - took a percentage.

Sending you a FB request now.

:D

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »
House is on the market. For anyone interested, or if you just want to take a look at our house out of curiosity, here's a link to a virtual tour: http://www.cpgtours.com/tour.php?id=18982 (furniture not included, of course.)
Food is my favorite.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »
House is on the market. For anyone interested, or if you just want to take a look at our house out of curiosity, here's a link to a virtual tour: http://www.cpgtours.com/tour.php?id=18982 (furniture not included, of course.)

Nice house.  I hope it sells well for you. 

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
A quick update on progress:
House is ready for a buyer to present himself.
New digs are located in Eugene.
Movers will load us up in a couple of weeks.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline topjobfinder.com

• Email
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »
Scientist, let us know your specialties and experience so we can keep an eye out.

I am a polymer chemist with a Master's degree in polymer science. I have 20 years of experience in formulation, meaning I combine polymers with curing agents, catalysts, fillers and various other additives to create finished products for end users. For the last five years I have been developing spray elastomers (think truck bed liners like Rhino Liner), but I have also worked on insulating foam, epoxy coatings and adhesives, rubber and PVC sealers.

Yeah, I'm a laugh riot at parties.  ???

I own an executive search firm and have an opportunity here in Atlanta for a polymer chemist with pvc experience.  Please send me your resume to david@topjobfinders.com.