Author Topic: Falcons  (Read 1114 times)

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
Falcons
« on: October 10, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
So I went to my first Falcons game last night. Sales guy from work had a client in town who grew up in Wisconsin and is a huge Packers fan, and he had an extra ticket as a bone to throw at the poor, underprivileged R&D guy. The seats were great, first level at the 20 yard line, and we were surrounded mostly by people in green and yellow, even a couple of cheesehead hats.

Not a great game for the home team, which scored two touchdowns in the first quarter and nothing more. A couple of exciting plays aside, it was a pretty routine game.

I hadn't been to an NFL game in years. When did they get so loud? Music blaring, ads everywhere, circuses on the sidelines, etc. And talk about expensive! I did a double take when I saw the face value of the ticket. I'll watch on TV from now on.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline totm

Re: Falcons
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
I hadn't been to an NFL game in years. When did they get so loud? Music blaring, ads everywhere, circuses on the sidelines, etc. And talk about expensive! I did a double take when I saw the face value of the ticket. I'll watch on TV from now on.
There has been an increasing amount of peripheral entertainment at games.  For some reason the game itself is not enough entertainment that there has to be all kinds of other crap.

We had season tickets via company write-off about 12-13 years ago.  Considered buying tickets for a birthday swap this year until I saw the price.  No way.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon