Author Topic: AARP  (Read 1007 times)

Offline totm

AARP
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »
Not to scare of the younger posters but I'm curious of those that post that are retired or are of retirement age whether you consider AARP membership worthwhile.  Unless I hit the lottery I am no where's close to retiring.  AARP has been sending me stuff for a few years now.  I just don't see the benefit of being a member as long as my corporate job provides the benefits that it does.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline Minerva

Re: AARP
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
I have been a AAA Auto Club member for more years than I care to think about. All the benefits/discounts I need are available through AAA, most are the same or similar to what AARP offers.
The only reason I've ever been tempted is AARP puts out a pretty decent mag with essays on topics that are interesting and timely for its target demographic (me).
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: AARP
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
I'm a member, pretty much to see where the biggest voting block in the country is putting their effort into. No real benefits unless you like the mag and want to be mailed a lot of fluff for SS and Medicare/caid info. If you are of retirement age, you can use the help of the local AAA (Area Aging council) that will help you for free with any issues you may have with dealing with governmental funds and qualifications. As well as what's available around the Metro area for health and wellness support. Contact me for more info.