Author Topic: Westward Ho!  (Read 2141 times)

Offline cuechick

• Piewacket Blog
Westward Ho!
« on: August 23, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
I am moving to California at the end of October and am doing some serious downsizing. Having looked at apartments in my price range you do not get anywhere near the space you get her... oh well. At least I will not get snowed in again this winter! I have been a long time collector of mid-century stuff. I already had a big yard sale but now I am selling more of my "good" stuff! It has been going well, with a few dealers coming through. Here is the ad I have on Craig's List... If anyone here is into this style and would like to make an appointment just PM me! My schedule is pretty flexible and as I sort and pack, I keep throwing more into the sell pile! Oh and I live in Grant Park.... 8)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:30:45 PM by cuechick »
Fresh Pie!

Offline cuechick

• Piewacket Blog
Re: Westward Ho!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:50:17 PM »
p.s. If anyone is looking or knows anyone looking for a great apartment, mine is A MAY ZING and will be ava Nov 1. 1300.00 a month.

It is a beautifully restored craftsman duplex, mine is the bottom, 2 bdr, 1 bath, Central AC & heat, enclosed sun porch, 3 fireplaces, lovely front porch, small planting garden with green house, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, lots of beautiful maple cabinets and subway tiles... beautiful vintage details, preserved through out... and high end finishes

I have lived in a lot of places and this is by far my favorite apartment ever! It will be what I miss most here... my landlords are also the best I've ever had. They fix any problems right away and are just up the street. Most people are shocked when they visit and find out it's a rental.

Cats are ok, may consider a small dog, I will find out...
again if anyone is interested just PM me... though not ava till Nov 1 but it will go fast!
Fresh Pie!

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »
I am moving to California at the end of October and am doing some serious downsizing. Having looked at apartments in my price range you do not get anywhere near the space you get her... oh well. At least I will not get snowed in again this winter! I have been a long time collector of mid-century stuff. I already had a big yard sale but now I am selling more of my "good" stuff! It has been going well, with a few dealers coming through. Here is the ad I have on Craig's List... If anyone here is into this style and would like to make an appointment just PM me! My schedule is pretty flexible and as I sort and pack, I keep throwing more into the sell pile! Oh and I live in Grant Park.... 8)

We will miss you but you have our permission to reduce your inventory and to go off to CA. 

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline cuechick

• Piewacket Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
Thanks Mike!
Fresh Pie!

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:20:05 AM »
Lucky you.  I just got back from an all-too-brief visit to see family in Lost Angeles.  I've been in Atl 11 years and been trying to get a job and move back there for the past 6 or 7!

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »
Lucky you.  I just got back from an all-too-brief visit to see family in Lost Angeles.  I've been in Atl 11 years and been trying to get a job and move back there for the past 6 or 7! 

Where in LA. ?    My brother lives in Highland, I was out there for 8 days early in the month and enjoyed both our fishing trip and our yearly stay together.    Job prospects are slim from what he says, several of his long-term friends are jobless and have been hunting for a year.  Medical professionals are still working, and the brewery near him had a sign up that they wanted to hire brewery staff, Hanger 24 is near his house, though we didn't get over there this past visit...

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
Aw, I don't want to hijack Cuechick's going-away thread.  I PM'd you.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 07:39:48 AM »
Your Bro is in Highland? I lived in Highland before I moved here!Did he hang at the Green Frog before it moved? Wait, sorry....

@ Cuechick
Come on, give it up, where at in Cal?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:03:46 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline cuechick

• Piewacket Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »
Not sure yet, looking at Pasadena area... I am staying with family, so I can take my time and find something good. It is hard though, I love my apartment here and will never find anything close for the same price there. You are lucky if you get a refrigerator!  ::)
Fresh Pie!