Author Topic: SMF 2.0 is here  (Read 8060 times)

Offline MadBob

Re: SMF 2.0 is here
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
The TV and the Puter have the same time, not so however the Forum time stamp.

I also noticed that the time stamp stops the time when you log on to the 285 page!
Then when you post or reply, it catches up. whatta concept!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:46 AM »
And it seems likes posts are now in reverse chronicle order with newest at top of pg 1 instead of at end of last pg?  Wasn't like that yest AM unless my settings have changed.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
madbob: go to your profife -> look and layout. For some reason my time offset was set to +1. I clicked autodetect and it reset it to 0 and my time is now right.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »
Not complaining, but... sometimes when I open a post, the page turns up a red banner and subject line instead of blue! Hit the back button and click again and voila, back to blue! Way to keep me on my toes! Makes the site interesting! I kinda like it!

What theme are you using?

Offline Girly

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:54 AM »
And it seems likes posts are now in reverse chronicle order with newest at top of pg 1 instead of at end of last pg?  Wasn't like that yest AM unless my settings have changed.

Yeah, mine too. You can go into your profile and change that though.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »
Hmmmm, mebbe that'll do it. But how bout the issue that it is right now 8:07 and not 9:07 in the date/time block in the upper right hand corner of this page? Daylight Savings enabled?

At some point our server changed time zones.  The forum was defaulting to the local time zone.  I configured the forum time to EST5EDT.  This could have been exacerbated further had you attempted to correct this yourself in your own profile settings.  At the moment the time is set properly for ATL with a personal offset of 0.

-B

Offline MadBob

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 10:15:13 AM »
madbob: go to your profife -> look and layout. For some reason my time offset was set to +1. I clicked autodetect and it reset it to 0 and my time is now right.

Time Offset:
Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.  (auto detect)
Current forum time: July 17, 2011, 11:09:48
Hmmm. So I went to look & layout set the time offset and the time in the 285 Banner at the top of the page is still an hour fast.
July 17, 2011, 12:12:42
Jmolinari- time stamp when reset to zero, always goes back to 1! Time is correct  next to it, but top of page is 1 hour ahead.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:27:24 AM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Northside Chip

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:35 AM »
Love the update, great job! The main page looks much better.

One minor problem... Every so often when I log in (I log in every morning) I will occasionally have the "Show unread posts from last visit" not show me any messages. Before, I always just thought it was a slow day but now that the main page has a "Recent Posts" display, I can see that I have posts that I have not read or viewed. When I go to the forum index, it also shows forums with unread posts available to me. I have logged out and back in, cleared my cache, etc... Any thoughts?

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »

One minor problem... Every so often when I log in (I log in every morning) I will occasionally have the "Show unread posts from last visit" not show me any messages. Before, I always just thought it was a slow day but now that the main page has a "Recent Posts" display, I can see that I have posts that I have not read or viewed. When I go to the forum index, it also shows forums with unread posts available to me. I have logged out and back in, cleared my cache, etc... Any thoughts?
I haven't experienced this problem.  I will do some research and try to recreate it.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 07:59:57 AM »

I haven't experienced this problem.  I will do some research and try to recreate it.
I read this and decided to check out my new messages status.
I always use the "show unread posts since last visit" function too.
What I saw was that there were a lot of messages from 7/25/11 showing in the forum listing as new to me but they did not show up when I click the "show unread posts since last visit" link.  Seems like if I do not view all messages after clicking the "show unread posts since last visit" link and then log out, they will not show up again the next time I log in and then use the "show unread posts since last visit" function again.  So I guess this function only shows new posts from your last login to the present login, not all unread at the time I log in.  Probably works as designed but a bit confusing.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Minerva

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 08:36:38 AM »
Here is something weird that's happened to me three times in a row. After clicking "post" on my message, I get a blank screen. I refresh and get the message that I must "retry" to send the info. When hit "retry," I get an error message with the 285F logo telling me I have already posted the same info.
So then I g up to "forum" and sure enough, my post is there.
Long story short, how do I avoid that initial blank screen? This has only happened since the site makeover.

Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »
Here is something weird that's happened to me three times in a row. After clicking "post" on my message, I get a blank screen. I refresh and get the message that I must "retry" to send the info. When hit "retry," I get an error message with the 285F logo telling me I have already posted the same info.
So then I g up to "forum" and sure enough, my post is there.
Long story short, how do I avoid that initial blank screen? This has only happened since the site makeover.
I haven't been able to recreate this issue.  If you are still experiencing this issue please provide more information.
Thanks,
-B

Offline Barnum

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »
Not sure if it is me or not, but I have the box checked to notify me by email when I get a PM.  I think I've gotten a couple PM's and associated  (from Mike) since the board got upgraded but today got a PM from somebody and didn't see the email.  Not sure if something somewhere is slow or busted...

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »
Not sure if it is me or not, but I have the box checked to notify me by email when I get a PM.  I think I've gotten a couple PM's and associated  (from Mike) since the board got upgraded but today got a PM from somebody and didn't see the email.  Not sure if something somewhere is slow or busted...
I will look into this.  It could be fallout from the recent move.
-B

Offline Barnum

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 06:32:43 AM »
I will look into this.  It could be fallout from the recent move.
-B

I'd say it's reproducible, got a PM from Mike this morning and no email notification.  Not a huge problem, just wanted to let you know.