Author Topic: SMF 2.0 is here  (Read 7959 times)

Offline MadBob

Re: SMF 2.0 is here
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
Well, no PM's and no emails from Mike either. Must I "Friend" all to get the info I wait for? Like the scathing replys to my off kilter comments etc? snicker
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:26:44 AM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 07:15:03 AM »
Well, no PM's and no emails from Mike either. Must I "Friend" all to get the info I wait for? Like the scathing replys to my off kilter comments etc?

Mike was teasing me with his latest adventure... knowing I was most likely working a 60 hour week trying to sneak away for a decent meal once in a while... it wasn't a kind PM  ;D

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 08:07:27 AM »
Not sure if it is me or not, but I have the box checked to notify me by email when I get a PM.  I think I've gotten a couple PM's and associated  (from Mike) since the board got upgraded but today got a PM from somebody and didn't see the email.  Not sure if something somewhere is slow or busted...
I will look into this.  It could be fallout from the recent move.
-B

I'd say it's reproducible, got a PM from Mike this morning and no email notification.  Not a huge problem, just wanted to let you know.

I also checked your "settings" Barnum, they are set to notify when a PM gets sent.  so go figure ?

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Not sure if it is me or not, but I have the box checked to notify me by email when I get a PM.  I think I've gotten a couple PM's and associated  (from Mike) since the board got upgraded but today got a PM from somebody and didn't see the email.  Not sure if something somewhere is slow or busted...
-B

I'd say it's reproducible, got a PM from Mike this morning and no email notification.  Not a huge problem, just wanted to let you know.

I also checked your "settings" Barnum, they are set to notify when a PM gets sent.  so go figure ?

somehow, it bothers me that you're looking at my "settings"....  ;D ;D

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »
-B

somehow, it bothers me that you're looking at my "settings"....  ;D ;D

I didn't change them though I was mightily tempted.   ;)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:13:40 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline totm

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »
I just noticed the upgrade has a feature I'd desired for a while.  The old SMF would allow you to see the last N number of posts for a user.  The new version gives you all posts for that member.  It wouldn't be so bad to be able to indicate if you want all or a limited number.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline totm

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »
I just noticed that my signature was no longer displaying on my posts.  When I looked at my profile a strange (non ASCII) character had somehow gotten in to the text.  After I replaced the offending character with an 'e' my signature reappeared.

Mike or Brian, how would somebody's signature get modified (it wasn't I who did it unless I was mucking around PUI, NOT)?

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
I just noticed that my signature was no longer displaying on my posts.  When I looked at my profile a strange (non ASCII) character had somehow gotten in to the text.  After I replaced the offending character with an 'e' my signature reappeared.

Mike or Brian, how would somebody's signature get modified (it wasn't I who did it unless I was mucking around PUI, NOT)? 

Unknown?   I'm glad it is fixed. 

Offline tarvos

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

I'm not sure if it's the same with SMF, but I know that some forum systems store additional (invisible) content in the signature field that is then grabbed and displayed elsewhere on the page, especially if it's a plugin. For example a karma plugin might store the karma points in the signature field and instruct the page not to display it in the signature but instead next to your name or something. The update might have disabled the plugin and then that screws up the stuff in the signature. Just speculation.

Offline totm

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »
I just did a search for "good eats" and checked the "Search in topic subjects only" box.  One result was returned:

Food talk in Media - TV -Blogs - Print - Computer /
« by Mike GadgetGeek Stock on May 12, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
...... -talk/2011/05/12/alton-brown-ending-food-networks-good-eats/?cxntlid=thbz_hm  .... ......

When I click on the link it only takes me to the "Food talk in Media - TV -Blogs - Print - Computer" forum but not the topic itself.  Something be broke.

Edited to add:
I found the topic manually and attempted to post.  SMF wouldn't allow me to post without fixing the subject.  I did not do that in case the powers that be want to investigate how topics are losing their subject or how posts seem to be disappearing from threads.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:46:11 AM by totm »