Author Topic: What would you like to see at HopCity?  (Read 2025 times)

Offline vino.envy

• Email
What would you like to see at HopCity?
« on: May 22, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »
OK, you guys are passionate and knowledgeable! Looking at fine tuning HC before we look at another location and would love some feedback?

Flame away ;D and thanks in advance!

Chris

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: What would you like to see at HopCity?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »
Beerwise, put a Belgium on the growler list. Mad Bitch would be fantastic, but probably waaaaay too expensive for most of us.

Winewise, Unti would be excellent AND affordable... ;D

Offline vino.envy

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »
Beerwise, put a Belgium on the growler list. Mad Bitch would be fantastic, but probably waaaaay too expensive for most of us.

Will pass Belgium along, should be NP!

Looking at Unti Thanks!

Offline vino.envy

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »

Will pass Belgium along, should be NP!

Looking at Unti Thanks!

from unit wine:
Hi Chris,

At this time we do not have a distributor in Georgia. However, we do have a wine special order license which allows us to ship directly to consumers.

Thanks,

Katie Akers
Unti Vineyards
(707) 433-5590

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Chris Reid <vino.envy@gmail.com> wrote:
Katie,

Who is your Georgia Wholesaler?

Best regards,
Chris Reid

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about putting an order together if there wasn't't a distributor here. I hate the shipping costs. Thanks!

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 05:51:38 PM »

We all hate the shipping costs.   

different places have been delivering wine to customers for many years with or without that license.

I absorbed the shipping costs and now have some last century wines ready to come into their own.  Some of the 1990's stuff is damn good. 

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
I'd like to see the Belgians protected from the sun instead of sitting in a big window.  Also, since I brought up storage, I'm wary of buying hops there because they're just sitting out in the open.

Offline vino.envy

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:12:48 AM »
I'd like to see the Belgians protected from the sun instead of sitting in a big window.  Also, since I brought up storage, I'm wary of buying hops there because they're just sitting out in the open.

not sure the last time you have been in but we have all the hops in a fridge in the front, along with the yeast. As for the belgiums uv protected windows may not do it for ya, but the product seems to move wthout issue.
Thanks for the feedback.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:14:24 AM by vino.envy »

Offline totm

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 05:40:18 AM »

not sure the last time you have been in but we have all the hops in a fridge in the front, along with the yeast. As for the belgiums uv protected windows may not do it for ya, but the product seems to move wthout issue.
Thanks for the feedback.  
Is there a freezer compartment attached to that fridge?  If so, the hops should be there.  If not, it would be a good idea to get a small freezer for hop storage.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.  
Good to know it's uv protected glass and that the hops are refrigerated now.  totm is right that a freezer is ideal, but this is still much better.  Thanks. 

Offline vino.envy

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  
Good to know it's uv protected glass and that the hops are refrigerated now.  totm is right that a freezer is ideal, but this is still much better.  Thanks. 

Thanks, evolution  ::) Hops are fine in this cooler as it is quite cold and are only in total weights of several ounces each.
Again thanks to all for the feedback!