Author Topic: RIP Greg Koetting  (Read 1776 times)

Offline vino.envy

• Email
RIP Greg Koetting
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »
One of the best palates when he was in the city of Atlanta. Had the pleasure of working with him on more than one occasion. An amazing guy who took great pleasure in creating amazing experiences for 100's of people.

The simple yet most special part of the sommelier's job is getting to share and be part of so many great experiences!

He will be missed!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:11:57 PM by vino.envy »

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
Re: RIP Greg Koetting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »
This has come as quite a shock to me. So young and so sad. I remeber Greg on may ocassions, whether at Blais,Woodfire or Paul's. I didn't know him until Charles Marvil introduced me to Greg at Woodfire. I followed him everywhere. His skill as a server and as a manager was impeccable. It seemed sometimes that no request was out of order.

From the time I bowled all the stools at Woodfire, after a drunken anniversary celebration to the simplest of meals, Greg was up for it.

I called Greg "Shrek" and he either laughed at me or with the joke. He will be surely missed.
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
I miss him already. I was just thinking of getting in touch with him this week, because I just got a new job selling wine, and I wanted to ask him some questions.  :'(
Food is my favorite.

Offline MoButter

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:29:55 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this. I have had the pleasure of meeting Greg on several occasions and he was always a delight. Atlanta was a better place with him.

Btw, glad to "see" you Vino envy.

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
Found this on-line guestbook today.  Those of us who knew him are luckier for it.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/naplesnews/guestbook.aspx?n=greg-koetting&pid=150975962
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas