Author Topic: Roger McDowell in Deep Kimchi  (Read 1009 times)

Offline mikeamor

• Email
Roger McDowell in Deep Kimchi
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:32:20 AM »
Roger McDowell, the Braves' pitching coach, is in trouble because he engaged a round of verbal volleying at AT&T Park over the weekend.
All the facts from the incident are not in but this PRESS CONFERENCE held by Gloria Allred is pretty hi-larious (wait for the end), although it did seem a bit inappropriate to have had the children present, especially if they were truly hurt by the original incident.
There's more info in the AJC on line too.
What a mess.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: Roger McDowell in Deep Kimchi
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:19:34 AM »
I don't care for the phrase "He was forced to apologize". If you know you've screwed up, you take care of it then. And I get the feeling that the fans involved aren't just making this up.

McDowell is a great coach, but he's getting paid by an organization that he represents. Kobe said a similar comment to a ref and was fined $100,000. I think that should be fair for McDowell. If it happens again, he'll probably need to be suspended. Everybody makes mistakes, but if you don't learn from them, you should be ready to take the heat.