Author Topic: Growlers in Decatur  (Read 7372 times)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: Growlers in Decatur
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »
Right now, everyone is playing it cool in regards to growlers - State of GA is being anal in the interpetation of the laws. So you have to use their growler, since it has their label on it and the obligatory health warning.

Hop City has about 12 taps in the back - Duvel Green looked to be the only non-American on the list. They want to start with local/US stuff, then start bringing more imports on the list (hell, I'd love to get a growler of Fullers). So please don't growl because you can't use your fancy bottle and just be happy we can enjoy a jug o beer.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »
Hop City has about 12 taps in the back - Duvel Green looked to be the only non-American on the list.
Someone told me today that they have De Struise/Stillwater Outblack, brewed by De Struise in Belgium, but it's $48 :o

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »
$48 for a growler? ... or for the full keg? :D

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 05:55:54 AM »
If it's close to the price of Black Albert, then that seems right - remember, a growler is a little under 2l. or 6 - .33l pulls at the Brick in the Belgium room. $48 for the growler would put it at about $8 a glass(.33l). Brooklyn Lager was about $9, which is about $2.50 a glass (16oz). If/when they carry St. Bernardius, it'll be more than $48...

Remember, they arent distributers, they're retailers - prices are going to be close to shelf prices.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »
If it's close to the price of Black Albert, then that seems right - remember, a growler is a little under 2l. or 6 - .33l pulls at the Brick in the Belgium room. $48 for the growler would put it at about $8 a glass(.33l). Brooklyn Lager was about $9, which is about $2.50 a glass (16oz). If/when they carry St. Bernardius, it'll be more than $48...

Remember, they arent distributers, they're retailers - prices are going to be close to shelf prices.
I was thinking the same thing.  And a beer like that is usually sold in 8 oz servings, so it's more like $6, which I'm guessing is cheaper than what it will be when it goes on tap somewhere (I saw a keg sitting at the Porter).

Offline MadBob

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »
I understand Ale Yeah is starting to assemble the coolers for the Growler Stations, not sure if they are approved as of yet. Hope that Eddie has the angles worked out for pouring into clean Growlers and keeping the lines free of all that "Ale's" and troubles those pesky lines. Leessee, bottom fill, foam and cap, purge with or without, not all Growler Stations will be able to meet the standard req's for pouring uncontaminated, and there is a lot of energy to be devoted not to mention the almighty dollar for a successful operation! Hope it works out!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.