Author Topic: What 'r ya drinkin tonight?  (Read 115493 times)

Offline Daniel

Re: What 'r ya drinkin tonight?
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2011, 07:31:01 PM »
Had some friends over for dinner.  Grilled a really nice Hanger Steak from the BHFM, and drank a Terrapin Hoptaneaus Combustion and a Lost Abbey Serpent Stout.  The LA Stout was fantastic with the steak.

Also picked up a 6 of the Hopslam at Tower BuHi today, if it wasn't their last one from the latest shipment it's got to be one of the last ones.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2011, 09:10:17 PM »
2003 Joseph Phelps Napa Cab with a sort of Spanish lamb stew recipe from Evan Goldstein's Pairings book - quite excellent all around!

Offline baconwrappedrob

• Bacon Wrapped Rob
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
Rouge Juniper Pale Ale.  I'm liking this!

Offline baconwrappedrob

• Bacon Wrapped Rob
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2011, 10:49:23 AM »
Im doing some barbecuing today (started last night).  Just opened up a Back in Black from the 21st Amendment Brewery (love that name).  It is really good!  Its a black IPA and comes in a can.  Worth a shot.

Might have a few more posts on this thread before the day is out.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
Daytona starts in 3 minutes. Just opened a Curieux from Allagash. It is an Ale aged in Oak Bourbon barrels, only 800 cases were bottled and it was corked in Nov. 2010. It is very tasty!!! 11%, shoulda bought 2 but at 14.99 a bottle.......
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline baconwrappedrob

• Bacon Wrapped Rob
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
Franziskaner Weissbier.  Not too shabby.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »

The damage from last night.  The 2008 Black Albert is mind blowing and the Ivan the Terrible that my friend picked up in Boise was pretty incredible.  Good thing he got two so we can age one.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »

The damage from last night.  The 2008 Black Albert is mind blowing and the Ivan the Terrible that my friend picked up in Boise was pretty incredible.  Good thing he got two so we can age one. 

Now I thought that couldn't be done..    A 6 pack of different beers that I have never tasted ..   Good for you, what can we buy here and try ?

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
Glass o' Irish Mist, watching Carrie. Evil, I tells ya.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2011, 10:35:26 PM »

Now I thought that couldn't be done..    A 6 pack of different beers that I have never tasted ..   Good for you, what can we buy here and try ?

I highly recommend the Lost Abbey Red Barn, which is $7 at Green's ($8-9 elsewhere).  For a non-funky saison it's about as good as any actual Belgian one (I'm a bigger fan of funky saisons like Fantome).  De Struise Black Albert (strong Belgian stout) is legal to distribute here, but good luck finding it.  Green's got a half case in 2008 that they had kept in the back, so when they put their last 6 out recently I grabbed a few and they disappeared fast.  Russian River Pliny the Elder is only distributed in a few states, mainly the west coast, and my girlfriend brought it back from a business trip last week.  The bottle of La Maitresse du Moine (Belgian quad) is not available anymore.  Midnight Sun Brewing changed the name to Monk's Mistress in 2008 and at some point before that changed the recipe from the 9% that my bottle said to 11.2%.  It's only distributed on the west coast and I picked up the bottles in Portland.  My friend just got back from a trip to Boise where he picked up the Big Sky Ivan the Terrible (Bourbon barrel aged Russian imperial stout) and Grand Teton Trout Hop (Black IPA).

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2011, 09:40:46 PM »
2007 Harviestoun Ola Dubh 12, which is Old Engine Oil aged in 12 year Highland Park barrels.  Pretty smoky from the scotch barrels.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
Harpoon UFO white beer is pretty good.  I think I prefer it over other widely available white beers like Blue Moon.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »

Catching beads, watching some floats and drinking some hurricanes. (Abita Strawberry isn't too bad either, not my choice, but honestly not too bad)...

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2011, 08:01:48 AM »
Picked up a Weyerbacher Tiny on Tuesday, drank it on Wednesday, liked it so much I grabbed another on Friday for the Race on Sunday!
"Deep black pour. The aroma is quite spicy. Lots of fruity/spicy character. Sweet and earthy with a pronounced booziness. Dry, dry cocoa on the finish with a sharp peppery heat". (To plagerize from the site if you will). This was right up my alley as I like this type of treat!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
Our Friday night excursion took us into town and Tom's Folly. After a long period of abstinence, FG broke down and had some pinot noir with dinner, just alright. The beer selection is much better, but they, like most places in town, were out of Two Hearted, my first choice. I settled for Shipyard IPA, which I found too astringent for drinking with dinner, so I had Allagash White with my skate wing. It was a good choice, mildly fruity and spicy. They don't have anything on draft, just bottles, but the selection is nice for a neighborhood joint, which is what Tom's aspires to be.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle