Author Topic: What 'r ya drinkin tonight?  (Read 115639 times)

Offline MadBob

Re: What 'r ya drinkin tonight?
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »
Legend has it Capt'n Krunkles is the most feared pirate on the high seas. No one who has seen him, his ship, or the great beer his band of pirates drinks has ever lived to tell about it. Until now. Made with a bombardment of hops to defeat your taste buds in battle and all the black malt you can stand before walking the plank, this black IPA will make it worth going down with the ship. Capt'n Krunkles... Where is he?... I don't know... I don't know!
So, I bring to you the Terrapin Side Project Volume 10... Capt'n Krunkles Black India Pale Ale.  Arrrgh, shiver me timber, and lets get out and get some to store for National Talk Like A Pirate Day which would be the 19th of September. Be the go to pirate and make all your pirate friends jealous come September!
In a 650.6 ml bottle, nice bite on the side of your tongue,  a bit bitter with a nice finish (whatever that means LOL)this would be a great Ale for just sitting in front of the fireplace, like right now, wishing to have bought two (or more)! Dark, works well in a Brandy glass and served at around 46-48dg would be just right. The specs: OG: 17.3 FG: 3.5 ABV: 7.5% IBU: 90, not bad eh? Well hope you can find it, and I hope you enjoy it. TTFN (TaTa for now)!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
Legend has it Capt'n Krunkles is the most feared pirate on the high seas. No one who has seen him, his ship, or the great beer his band of pirates drinks has ever lived to tell about it. Until now. Made with a bombardment of hops to defeat your taste buds in battle and all the black malt you can stand before walking the plank, this black IPA will make it worth going down with the ship. Capt'n Krunkles... Where is he?... I don't know... I don't know!
So, I bring to you the Terrapin Side Project Volume 10... Capt'n Krunkles Black India Pale Ale.
. . .

Isn't "black (India) pale ale" an oxymoron?

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
2007 Navarro Mourvedre
This was an experimental single varietal for them, and all I can say is that I hope that experiment continues. . .

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Wow, no one has replied in 3 days. . .

2003 Novy Santa Lucia Highlands Syrah and 2003 Handley Dry Creek Syrah. . . both mighty fine.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
Gulden Draak, which didn't ease the pain of watching the Falcons.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »

I don't do this as well as I used to ..    less than half a 750ml bottle of Blue Chamey half kicked my arse. 

Mebbe I'm outa practice ?

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: January 15, 2011, 11:15:40 PM »
I actually didn't get around to drinking any, but I stopped by Candler Park Market and picked up some Lost Abbey Inferno and Red Barn.  Prices were actually a little less than I remember seeing on the west coast (one was $9 and one was $10).  I think I may be more excited about this than Cigar City coming in February.  Deschutes will also be here in the next 2-3 months.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »
Gulden Draak, which didn't ease the pain of watching the Falcons.

Started with a Stone 2010 Double Bastard and ended with a Founders Old Curmudgeon, 3rd quarter? Went to bed.....
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline MadBob

« Reply #263 on: January 16, 2011, 08:23:55 AM »
So, I bring to you the Terrapin Side Project Volume 10... Capt'n Krunkles Black India Pale Ale.
. . .

Isn't "black (India) pale ale" an oxymoron?

It may be, it is kinda like describing a "Blood Orange" and it's nuances!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »
Got game? Let's start with a Mokah from Southern Tier, and a large dollop of xtra crunchy peanut butter!

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
Funaguchi Kikusui Ichiban Shibori sake with brunch, then Loose Cannon for the game.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2011, 04:00:08 PM »
Funaguchi Kikusui Ichiban Shibori sake with brunch, then Loose Cannon for the game.

Exit the Moka, and on to a Dogfish Head Black and Blue, That has the tastebuds moving!

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »
Opened up the Lost Abbey Red Barn.  This is the only American saison I've had that tastes like a good Belgian one.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
Okay, just to mix it up, Peach Absolut with Ocean Spray White Cran Peach.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »
founders centennial IPA