Author Topic: What 'r ya drinkin tonight?  (Read 131078 times)

Offline MadBob

Re: What 'r ya drinkin tonight?
« Reply #765 on: August 31, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
Mars from Bell's Brewery, a Double IPA
http://bellsbeer.com/planets/mars/

That's the one that looks like grapefruit juice? I had one from Bell's that was. It was one of my more interesting beer experiences of 20 and 14.
No, no grapefruit looking look like liquid to me. Maybe looking like a really dark skinned pink grapefruit but closer to looking like someone added a little spicy V 8 to a pilsner mebbe, and I am prolly off base on that discription! More like a copper color. This is a relatively new beer in our market and I am happy to have received this special offering. Loyalty has its privileges!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #766 on: August 31, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »
Now enjoying some NASCAR with a little Founders Dirty Bastard, a Scotch Style Ale at 50 IBU's and 8.5% ALC. Not bad for a Sunday night and no work tomally!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #767 on: August 31, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »

That's the one that looks like grapefruit juice? I had one from Bell's that was. It was one of my more interesting beer experiences of 20 and 14.
No, no grapefruit looking look like liquid to me. Maybe looking like a really dark skinned pink grapefruit but closer to looking like someone added a little spicy V 8 to a pilsner mebbe, and I am prolly off base on that discription! More like a copper color. This is a relatively new beer in our market and I am happy to have received this special offering. Loyalty has its privileges!

I am learning so much with the growler store (Lincoln Fill Station), close by, with knowledgeable folks behind the counter,  and a constantly changing set of choices.    I love it, though what I have now, is my old stand-by, Loose Cannon...

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #768 on: September 01, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »

I am learning so much with the growler store (Lincoln Fill Station), close by, with knowledgeable folks behind the counter,  and a constantly changing set of choices.    I love it, though what I have now, is my old stand-by, Loose Cannon...

Ayup! Tiny and Brad have it going on there! And, Mahony is also doing a fine job I might add... I really enjoy getting in there when I can, and Saturday's (after the Farmer's Market visit) seems to be the ticket! The tapping of fresh from the breweries keg's. Like this past Saturday's visit from Jailhouse Brewing... Beer so fresh the beer doesn't even know it has been kegged!!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #769 on: October 05, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »

Offline MadBob

« Reply #770 on: November 02, 2014, 06:54:48 AM »
Prairie Bomb from Krebs Brewing in Oklahoma is an Imperial Stout aged on Coffee, Cacao Nibs, Vanilla Beans & Chili Peppers Bomb! Do not enjoy this at normal beer cooler temps (mine stays at 34%), I would say a little higher temp like around 43-51 dg BWTFDIK. It scored a 100 on Beer Advocate!
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/94350/
Should be enjoyed in a tulip shaped glass, or a regular pint glass. I liked mine right ought of the bottle. At 13% on the label and I have heard that it has been mislabeled (It should read 14%), I would put this out as better than the Mexican Cake IMO.
As of yesterday, these bottles where on the shelf at the Lincoln Filling Station in Snellville, and there is a keg in the cooler (Mike) that should be going on very soon....
This should also be a great treat for breakfast (instead of the usual coffee/latte glass of milk etc) and would also pair well with a Green Chile Bagel with some Cream Cheese from Einstein Bros. Bagels!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:10:16 AM by MadBob »

Offline MadBob

« Reply #771 on: December 24, 2014, 07:23:08 AM »
No takers eh!?

This morning will find us enjoying a nice tall glass or two of Bloody Mary's. Not just ANY kind of BM though!
Son Richard brought out 2 gallons of some fresh, home made Kimchee (made by his Sous Chef's Mom) and boy is it tasty.
Daughter Brianne will put some of said Kimchee in the blender and puree it up, then strain to get the pulp out. Then add some fresh tomato (or Clamato or V 8) juice), some Sriracha and Worchestershire to taste, maybe a squirt of lime juice and then add to the Kimchee juice. The kicker here is the is the Absolut "Limited Edition" Texas Vodka. It is made with cucumber and serrano chili!
Salt a glass rim, add a little ice, pour and top with a nice Kimchee slice.
Whatta deal....
Kompai or Salud or cheers or whatever.... but enjoy!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #772 on: December 28, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
Bloody Mary's with the Absolut Texas Vodka mixed with a great find: Bloody Mary mix from Ballast Point. For a two part pour, it has all the right stuff without going overboard with a large variety of extra ingredients. Might not be "fresh made" but, but it is well proportioned.
From the Shipyard Gladiator Series:  Hoplomachus Double IPA,
a bourbon barrel aged Double IPA  Interesting enough!
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/139/94525/
From Cigar City: Caffe Americano Double Stout. World Cass IMO. Read about it!
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/132340/

Offline MadBob

« Reply #773 on: December 31, 2014, 06:11:15 PM »
Bells Brewery: Mercury "The Winged Messenger" Belgian Style Ale. For you session drinkers that like Belgian style stuff, this will grab you at 4.8%. Good luck finding it! I picked mine up yesterday. At Smoke Rise Bottle Shop, there were still some singles left of this highly allocated Bells offering this afternoon. Just another in the series inspired by Gustav Holst's the musical composition "The Planets" Mars to Neptune!
If you like Belgians, hurry to your fav bottle shop and hopefully they will have one waiting for you!  Cheers!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #774 on: January 02, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
Clusters Last Stand.
A colab with Stone and Smuttynose.  An Ale that is right on the edge of not being fresh. Much like a Pliny... This ale is meant to be consumed fresh. Best by date is March of 15.
Ha, still fresh tasting to me!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #775 on: January 03, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »
From Abita,their Wrought Iron IPA. At 6.9%, this IPA could be my new session beer!
https://abita.com/brews/our_brews/wrought-iron-ipa
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:58:51 AM by MadBob »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #776 on: January 16, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »

Creature comfort Tropicália.

Chosen mostly for its low alcohol numbers than anything else but it is a reasonably good beverage.. 

Growler from Lincoln Fill Station.   

Offline MadBob

« Reply #777 on: April 04, 2015, 07:22:35 AM »
Founders annual offering: KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Highly Acclaimed you know!
http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/kbs/

And from Ballast Point, their Habanero Sculpin.
http://www.ballastpoint.com/beer/sculpin-with-habanero/

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #778 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »
Founders annual offering: KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Highly Acclaimed you know!
http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/kbs/

And from Ballast Point, their Habanero Sculpin.
http://www.ballastpoint.com/beer/sculpin-with-habanero/

Where did you get 'em?   I didn't buy one of the last two KBS bottles at Lincoln, but have only heard of the Sculpin Hab offered here.  I did have a draught of one while I was in San Diego, it was a lemon-grass, Habanero Sculpin.    and VERY spicy.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #779 on: April 05, 2015, 07:07:22 AM »
Smoke Rise Bottle Shop, my home away from home. Or, my first stop most days on the way home from work of course!

1559 Lilburn-Stone Mountain Rd, Stone Mountain, GA 30087 (770) 469-1622