Author Topic: Founders KBS  (Read 2201 times)

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
Founders KBS
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »
Anybody get some today?  I just checked Green's and they sold out in half an hour this morning with people waiting around 2 hours for them to unload the truck.  I didn't get over to Hop City, but I assume they also got their delivery today.  I checked 2 other places on my way home.  Candler Park Market gets a case on Friday and Ale Yeah gets theirs tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:30:50 PM by jpellett251 »

Offline Daniel

Re: Founders KBS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »
Tower on BuHi was sold out at noon when i swung by.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
I was all fired up about this last year and scored a 4-pack and actually had trouble drinking it.... not enough beer with my bourbon....

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
I was all fired up about this last year and scored a 4-pack and actually had trouble drinking it.... not enough beer with my bourbon....

I've never actually had it in the bottle, which may be different than on tap, but I love the balance.  I do like extremely boozy beers though.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 05:09:06 PM »
There are so many excellent beers out there that i just can't get that fired up about any single one where i would be waiting in line...

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
There are so many excellent beers out there that i just can't get that fired up about any single one where i would be waiting in line...

Yeah, I wouldn't have waited long, though I was actually hoping to get one or two for myself and then get a few more to trade.  It's a hot commodity in the beer trading world.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
Smoke Rise Bottle Shop only got 1 case, and I swindled them out of 2 fours. They are a small place, and have a great Wine section and Craft Beer selection. So, if you are looking, know the release dates and give them a call or stop in to see what they have. Friendly staff to boot.
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline baconwrappedrob

• Bacon Wrapped Rob
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »
I was out of town when the KBS hit Atlanta.  Has anybody heard word if there would be more shipments?  I tried it for the first time last year in Washington DC and really liked it.  Would love to get my hands on some.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
There won't be more shipments, but it will be showing up on tap around town soon (it was just on at Thinking Man, and if the pattern follows last year it's on at Thinking Man first and everywhere else for the next week or two with a few places storing a keg for a special occasion.

I've had the bottle and on tap this year, and I don't actually like it as much as I did last year.  Compared to last year it seems a little thin.  Aging it will help, but it didn't need it last year.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »
I've had the bottle and on tap this year, and I don't actually like it as much as I did last year.  Compared to last year it seems a little thin.  Aging it will help, but it didn't need it last year.

That was thin?!?!?!  Wow.

Had a glass with dinner on draft tonight at Leon's just before they sold out.  Never having had it before, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Kind of like a beer-chocolate milkshake with a burbon chaser, and a damn fine one at that.  Maybe it's good that I didn't have last year's as a comparison, but I liked what I tried tonight.
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
Not thin, but thinner than I remember and thinner, though it's possible I've just been spoiled by some even thicker stouts I've had in the last year (Lost Abbey/Port Serpents Stout, Angels Share, Older Viscocity; 3 Floyds Dark Lord; Big Sky Ivan the Terrible; De Struise Black Albert; Mikkeller Black Hole).  I still think it's a great beer, just not quite as mind blowing as last year.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:34 AM »
A little thinner maybe, but after pulling one out of the cooler ( set @ 33 dg) and letting another warm up to around 50 dg, I still like all of the flavors in both, especially the warmer KBS. Now, wouldn't a 750 ML bottle of KBS be a great Limited Edition Issue!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »
Founders is preparing to do limited release 750s.  KBS would be nice, but what I'm really hoping for is Canadian Breakfast Stout, which is currently only a limited tap release.  It's aged in Canadian maple syrup barrels and it's awesome.

Offline totm

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
pulling one out of the cooler ( set @ 33 dg)
Why are you killing the flavor in your good beer?
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline MadBob

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 07:01:20 AM »
pulling one out of the cooler ( set @ 33 dg)
Why are you killing the flavor in your good beer?

Enhance is the operative word. And, mebbe we should have bought tickets and headed to Athens for the CLASSIC CITY BREW FEST
Sunday, April 10 - Foundry Park Inn, Athens
www.BrewFest.net - A benefit for the Athens Area Humane Society
But it is sold out.