Author Topic: Pro (?) Bowl  (Read 1484 times)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Pro (?) Bowl
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
If I wasn't so football-starved, I'd turn it in. 42-zip, and still 2 min to go in the 2nd quarter. Oy.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
Re: Pro (?) Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »
The Pro Bowl is a joke.  The game means absolutely nothing aside from the prestige of actually being picked for the team... well that and the players on the winning team each get $45,000.  The inherent aggressiveness and violence of a regular game is completely scaled down.  There is an obvious reason for this, they simply don't want to kill the other guy who has just become their new best friend since landing in Honolulu.  I found the latest Dateline on NBC much more interesting.

Offline totm

Re: Pro (?) Bowl
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:11:52 AM »
The Pro Bowl is a joke.  The game means absolutely nothing aside from the prestige of actually being picked for the team... well that and the players on the winning team each get $45,000.  The inherent aggressiveness and violence of a regular game is completely scaled down.
And add to that, they now insist on having the game the Sunday before the super bowl which means players from the 2 league champions (even if they didn't win their division) don't participate.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon