Author Topic: Bookhouse Pub  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Otto

• All I Want is to Photograph and to be Photographed
Bookhouse Pub
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
I seem to end up here a lot.  Good beer and good food.  <http://bookhousepub.com/>

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
Re: Bookhouse Pub
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »
Stopped in last night for a late meal after work.  Really nice experience.

The good: 
The food.  A friend and I split two starters (not terribly hungry).  First was the smoked trout mac and cheese, which was orchiette in a creamy cheese sauce with nice-sized pieces of smoked trout.  Sounds weird, but it worked.  I liked it.  Tother was the veggie plate, which was excellent.  Menu listed ruttebegah home fries (which were sadly missing) but we did get some nicely roasted mushrooms, roasted tomatoes with rosemary, some awesome sauteed kale, as well as a plate of roasted broccoli.  All really, really good.  Would definitely eat again.

The beer.  Not the largest selection in Atlanta, but some solid choices.  Almost ordered the Abt 12, but the bar tender suggested a different Belgian Quad on tap which I really liked.  Lots of fruit (banana!) on the nose, just a touch sweet, deeply flavorful.  My friend, not a huge beer expert, went with the Saison Dupont, which she dug.

The bad:  Parking on a Friday night was ugly.  The place was packed, and there were other events going on in neighboring buildings which made parking a challenge.  I found a spot, but my friend had to park across the street, probably illegally.  Fortunately, her car was still there when we came out. 

Finally, a comment on the space.  It's really small, and they could use more tables, but it is no smoking inside which I really appreciate. 

Kitchen closes at midnight, so another good option for the late-night munchies.  This one stays on the list.
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »
Was the quad you drank the Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation?  Seems to be everywhere right now.

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »
Stopped here on Saturday with my friend Beer Beginner for a pre-party drink.  I had the Bell's Oberon and he had the New Belgium Skinny Dip, both nice and refreshing.  We shared the smoked trout mac n cheese, which was really yummy.  Kind of like a fancy tuna casserole, and I love tuna casserole.  Good to have this place on the beer drinking rotation.