Author Topic: Smartphone apps  (Read 4133 times)

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
Smartphone apps
« on: December 31, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
Hide the children!  Call the authorities!  FG and TS have new Windows phones.

Smartphones are cool, but they need apps to be useful.  Most of the ones I've seen are for iPhone or Android, and that made me hesitate to buy these, but we got such a deal on them that I took the plunge.  Anybody out there have Windows phones?  Know of any indispensible apps?

Might as well throw it open to other platforms as well.  Which make/model/OS did you get, and did you make the right choice?  What do you use your smartphone for?
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline LizR

• Email
Re: Smartphone apps
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:01:41 PM »
I don't have any app suggestions, since I hate my phone, but I do have a "smart" phone question: I have an HTC EVO and it suddenly will not email pictures or post them to FB. Anyone have any ideas? Grrr.

Offline Minerva

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »
I like my HTC Evo but like Liz I'm also having problems accessing this board with it. I get a board message that I'm banned from the board because of software issues. :P
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
You too, huh? My message just says I'm banned, nothing else. It is kind of rude!  :)

Offline MoButter

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
You too, huh? My message just says I'm banned, nothing else. It is kind of rude!  :)

Since last June I can't access this board on my iPad. It says I'm banned. Makes me sad.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »

It must be some type of glitch.  I do the banning around here, and unless it is a IP address that got banned due to some mis-use by someone else.  Can you each PM me your login info (if it is different) that you are using on your smartphone?  I will do a search on the banned list to see if we can fix this..

FlyinBrian, can you help me look into this and see if we can make this accessible to our good followers ?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:35:37 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »
I had the same problem awhile back.  I have the Sprint Epic 4g.  I just stopped trying to access the site on my phone.  I wonder if we are all on the Sprint network?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »

Notes.   I just checked LizR's IP address, her email address, and her host name in our banned section and didn't find any of them...

MoButter I have checked your IP address and email address and also came up with no banning..

This is obviously over my head...

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MoButter

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »

Notes.   I just checked LizR's IP address, her email address, and her host name in our banned section and didn't find any of them...

MoButter I have checked your IP address and email address and also came up with no banning..

This is obviously over my head...

Thanks Mike. I have no problems on my MacBook....just my iPad. Maybe this is a clue......it first happened when I was in a Toronto hotel using their free wireless?

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »
My info is the same. It would be great if we can figure it out, since there are lots of times I am sitting somewhere killing time and would like to surf on over.

It is not the end of the world and I had given up on it like Larkemon.

Yep, Sprint.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
This might take a coordinated effort to resolve this Sprint issue.  Is anyone will to step up to work with me?  I should have some time later in the week.

-B

Offline Minerva

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
I have Sprint also. It doesn't even let me try to log in before banning me.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
Wish I could help but I am clueless - just not my field at all.

It lets me see the home page with the most recent posts but when I try to view a thread it tells me in no uncertain terms that I'm banned.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
Click on the link below, click on the "S" at the top of the box, scroll down to Sprint, click on the details box to find reviews and phone numbers to get human help without all the waiting associated with technical questions. This even has wait times listed for phone numbers. Hope this helps. There are THOUSANDS of numbers listed for your viewing and self help! You never know when you will need to talk to a Human right now without all the frustations in "pressing one, then pressing #, and entering your account number and then waiting for an operator just to pass you to another department. Good luck and happy hunting!

http://gethuman.com/phone-numbers.html
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:08:57 PM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
Thanks. I don't think that the issue is with Sprint, it is probably somehow with how this site is set to interact with Sprint - just guessing since I don't have this problem with any other site. No big deal - just providing info. I love this site and am not complaining!