Author Topic: Take out chinese in cobb christmas night  (Read 1110 times)

Offline maryfran

Take out chinese in cobb christmas night
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
I have read through all posts mentioning chinese food. We live in Marietta but don't mind driving to get god food. Most people here seem to love Tasty China and we've eaten there many times, but it is just not that consistently good and sometimes awful. We've tried to get suggestions from waiters, and sometimes they are helpful, sometimes not. Maybe it is just that we don't all like super spicy food altho really bland food is worse. Any other suggestions or suggestions about what to order there? i love fish and seafood and would prefer it not be fried. Or other suggested chinese restaurants? 

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
Re: Take out chinese in cobb christmas night
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »
Hi Mary, welcome to 285foodies!

I do like Tasty China, but sometimes I want non-spicy Chinese and your typical Chino-American dishes, particularly when I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Lately, my best experiences have been at New Lucky China on Shallowford Rd., next to the Kroger - good soups and predictably good entrees - and at Shangri-la Bistro, where I had some especially good shrimp with lobster sauce. I like the cumin lamb there as well, though it is spicy, and the soups are very good, as are the seafood dumplings.

Hope that helps! Good luck, and happy holidays!
Food is my favorite.

Offline maryfran

Re: Take out chinese in cobb christmas night
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:18:59 PM »
thanks- you read my mind! I will say the fragrant shrimp at Tasty China (not on written menu, I think) is fabulous, but fried. My son also adores the pan fried dumplings, altho they take a while.