Author Topic: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive!  (Read 1160 times)

Offline BierGiek

Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive!
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
So, it's out on the racks today!

I always buy a bottle for nostalgia's sake. In Belgium, where I lived most of my life, we followed French/European tradition: everyone goes out of their way to taste the new Beaujolais. People host parties, companies have after-work drinks and receptions, the shops are all over it, etc. It's advertised in all the pubs and restaurants, and it's a pretty big deal, if not more for the get together and spectacle of it all than for the gastronomic experience.

In all honesty, I'm not a big fan.  Any dedicated fans or foes of Beaujolais Nouveau out there who'd like to share their opinion?

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating."
~ Luciano Pavarotti

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:05:04 AM »
The stuff usually gives me a headache.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
Ditto.  Trying to be all European-like, I drank a bunch of this one winter vacation in France and felt horrible afterwards.  Not that I would have felt great after drinking that much of any wine, but the memory lingers on.  As I recall it, I enjoyed the pate de foie gras with truffles much better on the way down than on the way back up.  Ah gluttony!

Offline Girly

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
We use it for mulled wine at Thanksgiving and Christmas but don't drink it all by its lonesome.