Author Topic: How much is too much?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline terry

How much is too much?
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
How much is too much?

I don't care who it is. Whether it's a co-worker, customer, fellow patron, family member or so on, but how much is too much?

What am I talking about? Cologne, perfume, Axe body spray, ...

I was working on Friday night when a couple came in. The lady had on perfume overload. I got a headache from the amount of perfume this lady was wearing.

With this much perfume, the cooks lose their sense of taste, so we had to sit her as far away from the kitchen area as possible.

All the while she is complaining that she never gets seated, "on that side of the bar."

I want to tell her the reason, but don't know how. We don't want to offend her. They are a very nice couple.
technical writer, webmaster and P/T chef at a restaurant OTP

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: How much is too much?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »
If they're regulars, there's always the allergic/asthmatic route. Use yourself as the fall guy/girl, and say that, while you appreciate them as customers, the scent they're wearing is causing you problems. A little lie may be better than the truth in this case.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »
If they're regulars, there's always the allergic/asthmatic route. Use yourself as the fall guy/girl, and say that, while you appreciate them as customers, the scent they're wearing is causing you problems. A little lie may be better than the truth in this case.

Gotta good fake sneeze?

Offline MoButter

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
I have asked to change tables when seated next to someone wearing way too much perfume. This time of year you find yourself seated near someone who just took their sweaters out of mothballs. Ack! I would rather have holes in my clothes.