Author Topic: Closed  (Read 168401 times)

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
Re: Closed
« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2015, 08:08:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to figure this one out too. They always seemed busy at the old location, so unless there's a big break on rent, I don't know what their incentive is to move.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #676 on: January 15, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »
Jose's Note Here in the West Village in Smyrna, which replaced Lime Taqueria, appears to be closed. I'm not even sure they were open 2-3 months. I went there once. The food was above average although service was mediocre. Restaurants on that side of the West Village seem to have problems. Mcrays, Blue Moon Pizza, and the others seem to do quite a good business.

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #677 on: January 18, 2015, 07:39:28 PM »
Hemmingways and Willys in Vinings are both reopened. Willys has been refreshed to the new corporate look. Same yummy burritos, same friendly people. They added 1 new salsa to the salsa bar, and they reconfigured the "flow" through the line.

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: March 13, 2015, 07:38:10 PM »
According to their Facebook page, Gu's Bistro has closed. I am crushed.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #679 on: March 13, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »

The interesting thing is they are supposed to be the big restaurant score on phase two of Avalon. They claim they are looking for another location, but I have seen that movie so many times before.

He had a loyal following at Sichuan House before trying it on his own. He should return to that area. I think the second phase of Avalon is a long way away.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #680 on: March 13, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »

Just damn.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #681 on: March 14, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »

The interesting thing is they are supposed to be the big restaurant score on phase two of Avalon. They claim they are looking for another location, but I have seen that movie so many times before.

He had a loyal following at Sichuan House before trying it on his own. He should return to that area. I think the second phase of Avalon is a long way away.

They are going into the inman park project as Gu's Dumplings
299 North Highland Ave NE  Atlanta, GA 30307

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »

They are going into the inman park project as Gu's Dumplings
299 North Highland Ave NE  Atlanta, GA 30307

Yeah, that was never in question. But that's a different project. Supposedly they are also looking to reopen the flagship Gu's Bistro with a smaller menu in a more upscale location, and it looks like that may be Decatur:

http://www.decaturmetro.com/2015/03/16/gus-bistro-may-reopen-in-decatur/

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: April 23, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »

And now Woodfire Grill is closing on May 20th.   time for a "one more time" dinner. 

To my esteemed Woodfire Grill family:
In 2008, Bernard and I acquired Woodfire Grill with Kevin at the helm. Together, Bernard, Kevin and I strove to create a culture of caring and empathy. A culture that values people over things, that values proper over convenient, grace over profit. For the first year, we struggled, and somehow made it through. Then, thankfully, for a couple of years, our volume of business easily afforded us integrity in these matters.

Though both Kevin and Bernard have parted from Woodfire Grill, I work ardently to maintain these values. My motivation to prepare wholesome food raised ethically and to serve it with love is resolute, and non negotiable. Sadly, for the last two years, revenues have decreased and no longer support the elevated service and cuisine that I am altogether committed to. My sustainable restaurant is no longer sustainable.

It is with great sadness that I announce that Wednesday, May 20 will be Woodfire Grill’s last evening of dinner service. I hope that you will join me for dinner in the next couple of weeks so that I may thank you personally for your support over the years.

I have overwhelming pride for the parade of talent that has cooked in this kitchen and tended this dining room. I wish to thank all of my co-workers who shared in my passion for enlightened hospitality. I wish also to thank all of my farmers and purveyors who supplied me with the noble ingredients that nourished all of us these nearly seven years.

Most importantly, I thank you, my guests. Serving you has brought me grace. This grace will always be with me and I pledge to share it everywhere I go.

Come on in for dinner, there is a pretty good list of wines that I’d like to get into.

Love,
Nick

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:45:41 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #684 on: June 11, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
Satay House in Alpharetta  :(  I loved that place.  One of my favorite eats in the area.

Offline Corky

« Reply #685 on: July 08, 2015, 07:13:25 AM »
Kickshaw Tavern in Alpharetta. Too bad.
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline Uncle Zev

« Reply #686 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:59 PM »
Apparently all the Here To Serve Restaurants closed tonight -- Coast, Noche, Prime, Shucks, Smash, Strip, & Twist. ‪

Offline Chocoholic

• Email
« Reply #687 on: October 20, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »
I'd meant to post this last month, but sadly, the best cheesesteak place in East Cobb (which may not seem like it's saying much, but I LOVED it) closed recently: Capozzi's Deli.  Apparently, the owner was closing to take a job with KSU's food service.  Don't know why or really understand the decision, but I'll have to travel a lot further to get my cheesesteak fix now.  I went three times in its final week.   :'(

Capozzi's Pizza & Pasta, next door, is still open. 

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #688 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:47 AM »
Apparently all the Here To Serve Restaurants closed tonight -- Coast, Noche, Prime, Shucks, Smash, Strip, & Twist. ‪

Very sorry for the staff that was screwed by this but otherwise no heartbreak.  Never had a good enough experience to return to any of these places after trying a couple of them.  It will be interesting to see where (if anywhere) this takes the local restaurant businesses with changing diner tastes and employee/employer relationships.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #689 on: December 03, 2015, 04:51:42 AM »
Sobban closing 12/19/2015.  So sorry to see them go.  Always had creative and reasonably priced food there.
I wish Heirloom got better treatment with their BBQ facility.  They might not feel such a strong need to open in South Korea if they were real busy here with an opportunity to grow.

http://atlanta.eater.com/2015/12/2/9835482/sobban-atlanta-closing-heirloom-market-bbq-korea