Author Topic: Olive Oil produced in Georgia?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline bettylouski

Olive Oil produced in Georgia?
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »

Loundry

Re: Olive Oil produced in Georgia?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »
I love it when Americans start making better versions of expensive delicacies imported from Europe.  It's even better when it's made in Georgia.

Some say the very best prosciutto is made in America at La Quercia.  Isn't it about time that someone in Georgia turned an Ossabow Island pig into the very best Jamon Serrano?

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
Isn't it about time that someone in Georgia turned an Ossabow Island pig into the very best Jamon Serrano?

Tim at Nature's Harmony started one this past winter but it didn't turn out - ended up rotting.  I agree though, this idea would be an absolute gold mine if a person had the know-how, the desire, and the space to produce the item.

Loundry

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »
Isn't it about time that someone in Georgia turned an Ossabow Island pig into the very best Jamon Serrano?

Tim at Nature's Harmony started one this past winter but it didn't turn out - ended up rotting.  I agree though, this idea would be an absolute gold mine if a person had the know-how, the desire, and the space to produce the item.

I think it would be very profitable, but the investment would be very high.  Remembering the article, it was all bankers and laywers and basically the wealthiest segment of rural Georgia who were taking a risk in producing olive oil.  They would nee the money to experiment and perfect a technique, and enough money to turn out bad ham after bad ham.  Of course, I'm telling you something you already know.  But it would be grand.