Author Topic: Brewing Beer  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Lorenzo

Re: Brewing Beer
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »
Local boy made good.  Indeed, the Long Shot winners' brews can't be worse than some of the more experimental Sam Adams offerings.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
Brewmasters Warehouse recently open in the East Lake shopping center in East Cobb.  This has sparked my interest in home brewing again.  Bottling was always my least favorite part of the endeavor.  I am seriously considering investing in some torpedo kegs.

-B

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
Brewmasters Warehouse recently open in the East Lake shopping center in East Cobb.  This has sparked my interest in home brewing again.  Bottling was always my least favorite part of the endeavor.  I am seriously considering investing in some torpedo kegs.

-B

I have more soda kegs than I am ever likely to use, given how my homebrewing has been on a steady decline for years as the commercial availabilty of craft beers has increased.  PM me if you want one.  Trade for ? ? ?

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
Brewed a New Year's Day beer called "This one goes to 11".  Quad strength, spiced, and flavor somewhere between a tripel and a Belgian brown (Wyeast strong Belgian yeast from Duvel).  I'll finish it with some British Brett (inspired by Block 15 Figgy Pudding Olde Stock) to dry it out, up the alcohol to 11%, and add some earthiness.  Tasting it right now, and 4 days in it seems like a winner.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 09:29:04 AM »

Commercial not retail..   Does anyone know the commercial suppliers of brewing equipment and supplies ?  What I mean is, who would supply that equipment to a store that wants to start to include that wide array of items?

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:41 AM »
First tasting of my first batch of homebrew even though I've actually bottled and drunk others since I brewed this; this was brewed in August and was supposed to be my Christmas ale, but I let it sit on oak for 7 months instead.  It's a good, spiced, 8% dubbel.