Author Topic: Napoleon's - Vista Grove  (Read 2390 times)

Offline geonuc

• Email
Napoleon's - Vista Grove
« on: September 04, 2010, 04:27:29 AM »
Heard about this place on Decatur Metro. Looks good, although I don't really need another good pub!

Napoleon's
2836 La Vista Rd
Decatur, GA 30033

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
Re: Napoleon's - Vista Grove
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:55:03 AM »
Small world Geo,

I stopped there last night. It's in a shopping center on Lavista with a workout anytime and another new resto on the other end of the strip.

Its a nice sized place with a few tables in the parking lot, not really an appealing attraction to me.

The food is formula bar food with some tacos ala carte, 2.50 - 3.50 each.

Beer selection looks adequate to me. I had a mocha porter and a chocolate stout. Food was a Napoleons Burger, it was cooked right and the bun held together with all the stuff in it. Fries were skinny fries which I don't like but they kept their crunch. Friendly bar staff, lotsa kids. They say it clears out after 8:30.

Here is the site   http://www.napoleonsga.com/
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline k8

Re: Napoleon's - Vista Grove
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
I don't know, I'd give it more than "formula" bar food I think. I often have a hard time finding healthy, tasty choices in a pub (which I never expect--but finding it is bonus.) They cover all the basics, but also throw in a number of surprise curves too, like thai curry crab cakes, interesting salads, vindaloo tofu tacos (which are actually great), catfish over edamame succotash... etc. And I'm finding I really like their draught and bottle selections. I know it'll be better down the road once it's had time to settle in with some character, but for now, I'm enjoying it, and hope they do well. I doubt I'd drive across town for it, but I live very near, so am glad to have another solid choice in the 'hood.