Author Topic: Venison  (Read 3801 times)

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
Re: Venison
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:12 AM »
I'm totally naming my band "Boar Taint" and our first single will be "Myth of Boar Taint"!  :D

That's awesome.  Good idea!  ;D  Maybe you should wait until you've started playing stadiums before you release something as epic as "Myth of Boar Taint."  Just an idea...

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
HD - It is a bit grandiose, but that's just how we roll.  The B-side will be "HaagenDazs", maybe with an umlaut?, as a nod to you. Fits with the Goth/Metal image nicely.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:07:53 AM »
It sounds very Japanese but again, I'd like to see real research on the subject.  Of course fish is an entirely different kind of animal compared to a 4 legged creature, so who knows.

Here's the fish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__jD48kkzY

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 10:09:41 AM »

Offline Girly

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
After a few minutes the blood starts to coagulate and I would be very surprised if after "a few days" you're still getting any draining.  Hanging for a few days is likely because it is far easier to work (no rigor) and the meat is more tender after hanging (aged, if only slightly).

These were raw pieces already off the bone into specific cuts. He put them in plastic gallon jugs (had a whole fridge just for this purpose) and changed the water daily UNTIL the water stayed clear. I know it would stay bloody for a couple of days or so because I had a few in my fridge too ;)

I still remember cringing a bit - actually a lot - when Ramsay ate the rectum hole (PG term) of a pig on F-Word.  :P

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »
These were raw pieces already off the bone into specific cuts. He put them in plastic gallon jugs (had a whole fridge just for this purpose) and changed the water daily UNTIL the water stayed clear. I know it would stay bloody for a couple of days or so because I had a few in my fridge too ;)

I still remember cringing a bit - actually a lot - when Ramsay ate the rectum hole (PG term) of a pig on F-Word.  :P

Oh, OK.  Got it.  :)

I'm cringing just reading that.