Author Topic: EGGotoberfest  (Read 9471 times)

Offline MadBob

Re: EGGotoberfest
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
That is awesome!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: EGGotoberfest
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 08:22:21 AM »
That is awesome! 

GG>-  To me Eggtoberfest is almost not about the food, but rather an interesting time to see what folks have dreamed up to cook on the Big Green Egg and let us have a bite or two about what they have prepared.  Eggtoberfest is about the community of Eggheads that go out of their way, with their own dollars to come across the country or across the ocean to celebrate that kinship and get together a few times a year with the culture that is Big Green Eggdom.  I would guess that if I measured the event by the food it would be a hit or miss affair depending on how early you get there and who you know that stashes some food items for friends or companions.  I almost like the Meet and Greet the night before the Eggtoberfest as much as the event itself for those same reasons.  Yes folks were running out of food an hour or so before the event ended but with only 250+ folks cooking and 5000 folks buying tickets it is easy for me to see how that could happen.  This year they also brought in a food truck or two, and had an external tent with Le Cordon Bleu and staff cooking their hearts out to try and feed the throng of folks that wanted a plate of food and to experience the atmosphere of the event.  There were several other vendors also in the "outside" large tent that were cooking, and even at 2:30 there were lines.  Dizzy Pig Rub was there, as well as a local sausage vendor, Springer Mtn. Farm chicken and others. 

I'm sure it will be better next year, it is always takes one event at a new venue for the planning committee to get it down pat.  I'll be back next year and I might be on a cooking team rather than a tourist. 

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.