Author Topic: "You're not worthy of eating our food"  (Read 6518 times)

Loundry

Re: "You're not worthy of eating our food"
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 06:18:56 PM »
I've never had Korean food mostly because I'm often nervous about trying new places without a guide. This sounds like a perfect place for a first whirl. Thanks!

I've had bad experiences at Indian places as well (though not in Atlanta) . It's very discouraging as I tend to be on the shy side anyway.

By all means visit and ask for James or Leslie.  They might not be available (they are busy), but if you can get them, tell them that it's your first time eating Korean food and that you came on recommendation.

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:30:33 AM »
I live in the Decatur area and I can definitely tell you that there are 2 kinds of Indian places, ones that are happy to serve everyone and ones that don't want anyone coming into their shops except the local Indian residents.

This is the thread to name names.  Do it.

Gokul Sweets in Decatur. I've had a number of very unfriendly experiences, and I don't think I'm the only one, so they probably deserve to be called out.

Just to balance that out, Royal Sweets, which is just a block or 2 away, is very friendly, but they have more sweets and less savory snacks. Chaat Patti at N. Druid and Briarcliff are amenable, if abrupt, and they don't make fun of you for mispronouncing things.
Food is my favorite.

Offline terry

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
And that restaurant might be..............?

I was just joking, since I've served at least two people in this thread there before.

Didn't want to promote the place, so didn't mention the name.
technical writer, webmaster and P/T chef at a restaurant OTP

Loundry

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »
I was just joking, since I've served at least two people in this thread there before.

Didn't want to promote the place, so didn't mention the name.

It sounds like you don't work there any more, and thus have a story to tell, in private.

Offline terry

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
I still work there. The owner likes to keep a low-profile. It would be against their wishes if I promoted them online.
technical writer, webmaster and P/T chef at a restaurant OTP

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 07:19:57 AM »
I live in the Decatur area and I can definitely tell you that there are 2 kinds of Indian places, ones that are happy to serve everyone and ones that don't want anyone coming into their shops except the local Indian residents.

This is the thread to name names.  Do it.

Gokul Sweets in Decatur. I've had a number of very unfriendly experiences, and I don't think I'm the only one, so they probably deserve to be called out.

Just to balance that out, Royal Sweets, which is just a block or 2 away, is very friendly, but they have more sweets and less savory snacks. Chaat Patti at N. Druid and Briarcliff are amenable, if abrupt, and they don't make fun of you for mispronouncing things.

exactly the place I was thinking of. there's an Indo-Pak place around the corner, can't remember the name but it's next to Wendy's in a former Long John Silver's location, that could be friendlier but certainly hasn't been rude. more like, "Hurry up and get out before someone sees you" kind of service.

Offline Chocoholic

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
I still work there. The owner likes to keep a low-profile. It would be against their wishes if I promoted them online.

EGE!  I shall be there, I hope, this week for dinner.