Author Topic: The Onion  (Read 2261 times)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member

Offline LizR

• Email

Offline mikeamor

• Email
Re: The Onion
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »
Gotta love it...
http://www.theonion.com/articles/children-of-all-ages-delighted-by-enslavement-of-t,17534/
...and the same for all those "humane" zoos that make the animals "feel at home in their natural habitat" and the swim with the dolphin "experiences" and all the other places we cage and exploit kidnapped living things.  I can see using these facilities for temporarily housing animals being nursed back to health or even as homes for those that may be injured beyond the ability to survive on their own but these places just depress me.  I hate being dragged to them and generally warn that no one is going to enjoy my company as they gleefully watch the majestic giraffes or silver backed gorillas wander their jails like zombies.
Wanna give your kid an experience?  Take them outdoors with a pair of binoculars.  Show them a fox or a family of deer in the woods.  Now that's truly wondrous and magical.  Wanna see more?  Shell out some cash to take them other places to see the animals you think they need to see in the wild but don't capture and enslave other living things for your entertainment.
<stepping down from soap box, rant mode /off>
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

They almost always make me laugh.  Here is one from this week.

"Handler Kenny Earle said he was not at all surprised by the outcome, describing Danny as the most well-rounded boy he has seen in 17 years of training boys."----- "None of the other boys out there even came close to him," Earle continued. "Not even that gorgeous Afghan longhair."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/8yearold-asian-mix-wins-westminster-boy-show,18235/
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »

They almost always make me laugh.  Here is one from this week.

"Handler Kenny Earle said he was not at all surprised by the outcome, describing Danny as the most well-rounded boy he has seen in 17 years of training boys."----- "None of the other boys out there even came close to him," Earle continued. "Not even that gorgeous Afghan longhair."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/8yearold-asian-mix-wins-westminster-boy-show,18235/

My favorite:

"Perhaps most surprising to boy aficionados was the judges' decision to award second place to Timothy, a 6-year-old from the Husky group, a category of boys lauded for the entertainment they provide but seldom taken seriously in competition."