Author Topic: ScoutMob  (Read 24143 times)

Offline LizR

• Email
ScoutMob
« on: May 25, 2010, 10:42:06 AM »
Feel free to remove this if it is not allowed or is somehow inappropriate to post about.

Scout Mob has some excellent deals on local restaurants lately, including Joel. Today you can get 50% off the El Toro on Memorial. I get the emails daily and haven't noticed any increase in spam or other negative effects of signing up with them. The only downside is that I have to find the time to use all these great coupons.

Oh, and although that might sound like a paid pitch, I have absolutely nothing to do with the site - just stumbled on it through a rec here and I'm loving it. Wanted to share the love.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:57:28 AM by LizR »

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: Scout Mob
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »
Post away! I scored the discount at Cook's Warehouse, and it got me a nice non-stick for $30 off. This'll give me a reason to try El Toro - wonder if they have a Speedy with beans... ;D

Offline totm

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »
I'm all for letting folks know about something that can save them $$.  I've made reference to Grope-on in other posts.  I'm usually pretty good at figuring software and websites out.  Can you help me see what kind of past deals were available?  I can see that on Groupon.com pretty easily.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:39:45 AM »
I'm all for letting folks know about something that can save them $$.  I've made reference to Grope-on in other posts.  I'm usually pretty good at figuring software and websites out.  Can you help me see what kind of past deals were available?  I can see that on Groupon.com pretty easily.

Go to their Facebook page and they list the day-to-day stuff there.

Offline totm

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »

Go to their Facebook page and they list the day-to-day stuff there.
Ugh!  So I go to their main site to see what is today's deal and then go to what has become the black hole to see past stuff?  Let me look back at my human factors books to where it says to make people go to multiple places to get information.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Re: ScoutMob
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:24 PM »
If you download the iPhone app, they have some of the past stuff still available on it. Otherwise, today's deal is all you can get in on.

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
Or you could try their website:

www.scoutmob.com

and click on the "scoutfinds" tab at the top and then on the orange "past deals" link.

If you are interested in participating, I think it is infinitely easier to just give them your email or phone info rather than digging around on their site. It is just one email a day.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:40:37 PM by LizR »

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
scoutmob rocks...although i've yet to use any coupons...wife has used it at Crepe Revolution

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »
I love Scoutmob! I've used several of their coupons.

Offline totm

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
Or you could try their website:

www.scoutmob.com

and click on the "scoutfinds" tab at the top and then on the orange "past deals" link.

If you are interested in participating, I think it is infinitely easier to just give them your email or phone info rather than digging around on their site. It is just one email a day.
Thanks Liz.  Exactly what I was looking for.  I kept clicking in that area and always seemed to get the "Weakly (sic) List".

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »
Today's deal is 50% off at Shaun's...see website for details.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 12:11:36 PM »
Thanks for the info on scoutmob.
Looks interesting, although, I took a gander at Shaun's menu and kind of had to chuckle...  $12 for an iceberg wedge app?  :o
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »
All you Grant Park/Cabbagetown/East Atlanta folks should check out today's deal. Spoon on Moreland - 50% off ($20 max), and they may hit you with a 15% grat. But Spoon isn't bad (I like the Westside one a lot more, though), and it's a 'hood joint.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 09:23:36 AM »
Today's offer is 50% off at TAP.  We always enjoy stopping in for a brew and burger there.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 07:17:32 AM »
Moe's and Joe's this weekend, folks. Gogitchasome.