Author Topic: Eddie's Attic  (Read 2500 times)

Offline totm

Eddie's Attic
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:06:11 AM »
I haven't been in at least 15 years (I thought 20 but it has only been operating 1992).  The launching pad for quite a few national acts (Indigo Girls, John Mayer, Sugarland, etc).

Saw a great show last night; Kevin So and Jonatha Brooke. 

Kevin So opened for Keb' Mo' at Variety Playhouse a few months back and was very impressive then.  He still played most of the same songs but it was a very different experience in the smaller confines of Eddie's Attic.

I got turned on to Jonatha Brooke from streaming WXPN out of Philly.  It just so happens she was being interviewed last week.  So I pulled up her website and see that she's playing locally.  She put on one hell of a show and this type of venue is excellent for that type of performer.  While we are walking to the car V tells me she happened to be in the ladies room with Jonatha both before (she didn't know who she was) and after the show.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Eddie's Attic
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
been operating 1992).  The launching pad for quite a few national acts (Indigo Girls,

The Indigo Girls pad was well launched by 1992. The album with "Closer to Fine" was released in conjunction with me moving down here in 1988. Liberal 5 Points Pub was where they had their first loyal following.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/