Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225432 times)

Offline LizR

• Email
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »
The food at Ziba's is supposedly pretty good. Personally, I'll be glad to give it a shot and BMOB.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »
The former Pizza Hut near Northpoint Mall is apparently re-opening as Woody's Barbecue. It appears to be a Florida-based barbecue chain (www.woodys.com). The menu is somewhat promising, and the area is actually really short on decent barbecue. I'll try to make an inaugural visit as soon as it opens.

Still, this is one of the worst locations for a restaurant in this area. There is literally no way to even see the place from Haynes Bridge, and if you blink on the way to the mall, you'll miss it.  ???

Woody's is now open.  To help with advertising and to make sure you don't miss it, they had a guy (or girl?) dressed up in a pink pig suit today.  How cute.  I didn't stop by as I had brought my lunch from home today, but hope to make it in soon. 

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:41 PM »
Decatur Diner coming soon to the former Atlanta Bread Company space at the corner of Ponce and Church St.
sign say they will be open 24 hours. if the food is good they could make a killing.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
Am told that I-HOP will open a new pancake parlor in Midtown on Ponce de Leon in the former Krystal / Louise's soul food spot later this summer.  Location should make for some entertaining late night people watching.   

Offline bigedatl

« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »
Am told that I-HOP will open a new pancake parlor in Midtown on Ponce de Leon in the former Krystal / Louise's soul food spot later this summer.  Location should make for some entertaining late night people watching.   
And we come almost full-circle, as when I moved to Atlanta in 1987 there was an IHOP at North Ave and Juniper that provided very interesting late night people watching when taking a study break from GaTech.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
West Midtown - Banner on the former Oasis Mediterranean Cafe on 14th St (just down from the mosque) announces coming soon, "Wasabi".

Offline napsmears

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2010, 07:38:04 AM »
According to the owner of the liquor store next door, Front Page News is moving into the corner parcel of the Oak Grove strip mall (same mall recently vacated by Queenie's, Rite Aid, etc.). Should put a dent into The Grove's thriving business across the street, maybe even force them to update their menu for the first time.

Offline waynehoobler

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Ethiopian restaurant (can't read name driving by) opening in the closed Taqueria El Asadero on Chamblee-Tucker Rd across from Embry Village.

This place seems to be open now.  I had seen some hustle and bustle going on, but the neon 'open' was only turned on today.  It's the worst font ever, but I think it's called Mesob or Meshob.  I may try it sometime--but Desta and Meskerem are both on restaurant.com, so I'm not sure if this place would have any additional allure, especially if one has a coupon for the other places.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »
Saw a sign for Bai Wei - Healthy Asian at 10930 Crabapple Road, #130 Roswell, Georgia 30075.  It's in the same building as the closed Nirvana, next to Bistro VG.  Looks like they are still in the build out phase.  Couldn't find a website.  I would guess they are still a couple months out from opening.  I suppose the Fish Bowl in the same shopping center can't be too happy about it.

Offline Minerva

« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2010, 05:58:48 AM »
Saw a sign for Bai Wei - Healthy Asian at 10930 Crabapple Road, #130 Roswell, Georgia 30075.  It's in the same building as the closed Nirvana, next to Bistro VG.  Looks like they are still in the build out phase. 

It looks as if they also took over the former pizza joint next door to Nirvana. If so, this could be a good-size restaurant. They could swamp Fish Bowl if they try to do (gasp!) "authentic" Asian, which FB decidely isn't.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Barnum

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »
Looks like Moya on Clairmont is closed and will reopen as "Selam Lounge".  Certainly glad to see another (I assume) hookah lounge...  :P

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »
Saw a sign for Bai Wei - Healthy Asian at 10930 Crabapple Road, #130 Roswell, Georgia 30075.  It's in the same building as the closed Nirvana, next to Bistro VG.  Looks like they are still in the build out phase. 

It looks as if they also took over the former pizza joint next door to Nirvana. If so, this could be a good-size restaurant. They could swamp Fish Bowl if they try to do (gasp!) "authentic" Asian, which FB decidely isn't.

Call me a cynic, but any place that call's itself "healthy Asian" probably isn't going the authentic route.  I hope I'm wrong by a mile, but I'd settle for a good place with reasonable prices.  That location is cursed with a pretty bad track record though.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
OK, you're a cynic.   ;)
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
52 Bistro is coming or perhaps hath come to the old Slice Cafe location in downtown Alpharetta. I know Northsidefood has to be all over this one. Break the story...
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »
First I've heard of it. But I've been kinda checked out lately.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14