Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225431 times)

Offline Elijah Snow

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »
The menu is somewhat promising, and the area is actually really short on decent barbecue.

Not a fan of 'Cue or SATH? Heck I've been to Smokejack only once, so it shows I'm no fanatic, but it easily exceeds "decent". In fact, I like that Yapper Stacey G and I saw he said he thought it's improved over the years, so I've had it on my long short list to return--just have not yet.

And well, I know that Alabama barbecue place brings out the emotions as much as any. Even off the boards I know peeps who love it and peeps who despise. I say "decent".

Love SATH, had Cue takeout once and it was lovely. Actually, by "the area" I was meant something slightly more confined. It takes quite a while for us to get to either Cue or SATH from the Snow Palace. Smokejack is really uneven for me, and sometimes their spices are just, well, wrong. I'm not at all a fan of Dreamland -- too smokey, too bacon-y (in a bad way for ribs), just not my thing. I'd pay good money for even a Slopes to open up within a 15 minute drive. Even the Sonny's (I know, I know) over on Alpharetta Highway closed and then randomly re-opened as a car dealership. So, if Woody's is even halfway decent I'll end up patronizing them on the regular.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2010, 09:44:07 AM »
Sign up at the recently (?) closed Phoenix Food and Lounge spot in the West Village:

Offline tanline

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »
Probably needs its own thread - but since I have not been yet - I will put it here.  The OTHER Havana Restaurant is now open in front of Northeast Plaza on Buford Hwy...  Like I said I have not been able to drop by yet.  Was this the brother on law or brother of the original?  I got confused...

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2010, 02:54:31 PM »
Just to revive some info posted on the old AC board...

There's a slightly updated website available for Hugh Acheson's Empire State South which includes a brief overview of his plans for the new restaurant opening in April 2010.

http://www.empirestatesouth.com/

According to the website the opening has been pushed back until June.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Goldberg's is opening in Toco Hills in the next 2 months. Now that should be very interesting. I'll stay with Bagel Palace.

thankyouverymuch
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Goldberg's is opening in Toco Hills in the next 2 months. Now that should be very interesting. I'll stay with Bagel Palace.

thankyouverymuch

I wish it was Bagelicious. I still miss the Clairemont location.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
Ethiopian restaurant (can't read name driving by) opening in the closed Taqueria El Asadero on Chamblee-Tucker Rd across from Embry Village.

Offline k8

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2010, 02:58:33 PM »
According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Goldberg's is opening in Toco Hills in the next 2 months.

Rw, any chance you could provide a link to that article? I can't find reference to it on the ABC site or on Google. Many thanks in advance if so.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »
Atlanta Magazine's Covered Dish blog reports that:

1. New bakery called Dough will open in the former Son's Place near Little 5 Points.

2. Long closed, former Acapuelco Grill on W. Peachtree will open as The Daquiri Factory.

3. Shaun Doty's YEAH! Burger will open a 2nd locatino (I know the 1st one hasn't even opened yet) in the former gas station/current car detailing place at the intersection of Virginia and North Highland.

And a couple of different media outlets are reporting that Kevin Gillespie's oft mentioned new BBQ venture is going to occupy the onetime Brake-O shop on Piedmont Road and Piedmont Circle (around the corner from Woodfire Grill).

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »
In Kennesaw on Chastain road where Zucca, MArlow's tavern and a few other places are, there is a sign up for Gumbo's...i assume a new Cajun/creole restaurant coming soon.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »
Banner hanging inside the Sweet Auburn Curb Market announces "The Greek" gyros & pizza opening soon.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »
Banner hanging inside the Sweet Auburn Curb Market announces "The Greek" gyros & pizza opening soon.

Somwhere (?) I read that the owner is related to Christo's pizza in Marietta.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
Christo's Pizza is quite the blast from the past for me.  I grew up off of Terrell Mill @ Windy Hill and we used to frequent Christo's when i was like 5-10 probably (80-85)...  Place has been around awhile.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »

Here is a BLURB on the "Tomorrow's News Today" Blog.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2010, 07:21:42 AM »

Here is a BLURB on the "Tomorrow's News Today" Blog.

"Taking a space that most recently housed DiRienzo's Deli..."

Bummer, I kinda liked that place.  Always seemed busy.  Anyone know what happened to them?
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas