Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225452 times)

Offline FlyinBrian

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
I've lived in Atlanta for 35 years and discovered MFP years ago. I don't think I have ordered anything else but a tuna salad sandwich on white toast and of course some chocolate chip cookies. I wish there was one near my apartment.

I'm a huge fan of their chicken salad, especially in the fall when it's apple season.

-B

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »
Stopped by the New Orleans Connection site, since I couldn't remember if they had closed or not (but pretty sure they had) and of course, it is closed. I pulled into the parking lot to get a better look and a woman came to the door with a menu for me, gesturing me from inside to come get it. Victoria's Cafe and Pastries should open next week sometime, she says, and it will be "nothing like New Orleans."

Breakfast and lunch, with pancakes, eggs and such at breakfast and "Celebrity Lunches" with sandwiches named after Carlos Santana and Gloria Estefan. Lots of desserts, cakes and cookies, with specialty cakes made to order.

1669-B Spring Rd in Smyrna.
Food is my favorite.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 04:04:52 AM »

second hand tidbit:

In the briefly hot New Orleans Connection space in Smyrna, sounds like someone is hard at work building out a bakery that hopes to to have some breakfast options.

Yea, been hearing about it for a while and watching it creep along...

Offline Barnum

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
Stopped by the New Orleans Connection site, since I couldn't remember if they had closed or not (but pretty sure they had) and of course, it is closed. I pulled into the parking lot to get a better look and a woman came to the door with a menu for me, gesturing me from inside to come get it. Victoria's Cafe and Pastries should open next week sometime, she says, and it will be "nothing like New Orleans."

Breakfast and lunch, with pancakes, eggs and such at breakfast and "Celebrity Lunches" with sandwiches named after Carlos Santana and Gloria Estefan. Lots of desserts, cakes and cookies, with specialty cakes made to order.

1669-B Spring Rd in Smyrna.

Tried stopping in today a couple times between 7am and 11am and nothing happening, one light on in the back and nothing in the cases up front.  Still have the NOC signs up outside.  Did get a look through the window at the chalkboard menu and it is a little odd to have the collection of "celebrity" sandwiches with prices, but absolutely no description of what's on the sandwich.... I like gambling once in a while but think most folks would be more comfortable knowing whats on the sandwich they order.  My guess is that'll change pretty quickly once they open.
Still looking forward to it!

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline outtolunchatty

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 12:49:38 AM »
And right nest door to that shopping center, in the Kroger shoppong strip it appears a "Haveli" indian resto may be opening soon.....also, theres a sign across the street in the Taco Mac (ellard) shopping center for a sushi place.....

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 04:25:35 PM »

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »
Unconfirmed rumor that Tin Lizzy folks have taken the lease on the recently closed The Taco Stand in Buckhead.  Atlanta's smallest pub?

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
Cliff Bostock briefly mentioned a soon to be opened Cambodian place on Edgewood.  Anyone know anything?

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »
Food is my favorite.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:00:38 AM by uOTPia Dweller »

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:46 AM »
Cliff Bostock briefly mentioned a soon to be opened Cambodian place on Edgewood.  Anyone know anything?

It will be on the corner of Edgewood and Boulevard -- 3rd Flr -- being opened by the owners of Top Flr.

As at Top Flr, it will also have djs most nights and be open late.

Scheduled to open 3rd week in March.

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 08:56:33 AM »

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 09:02:49 AM »

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 10:44:58 AM »

It will be on the corner of Edgewood and Boulevard -- 3rd Flr -- being opened by the owners of Top Flr.

As at Top Flr, it will also have djs most nights and be open late.

Scheduled to open 3rd week in March.

Does anybody know the name of the "new Top Floor"?