Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 223176 times)

Offline Barnum

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »

Blais tweeting/hinting today that the location for FLIP Buckhead to be "revealed soon".  Wonder of he knows that burgers are so 2009?

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »

Blais tweeting/hinting today that the location for FLIP Buckhead to be "revealed soon".  Wonder of he knows that burgers are so 2009?

I thought I heard months ago - and posted on the other forum - that they were going to open the second location in the shopping center on the corner of Piedmont and Roswell Roads - Tuxedo Festival or similar - will be interested to see if this is indeed the case.

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
Twisted Taco - Northlake area, old Chili's location right off of LaVista, just past 285.

Offline Marmite Loving Euniculus

• Email
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »
Twisted Taco - Northlake area, old Chili's location right off of LaVista, just past 285.

Super awesome and in the hood!

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »

Super awesome and in the hood!

They are taking their sweet time with this build-out.  The sign has been up for months.

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »
Caper's on Main in Kennesaw is moving to the old Ruffino's location on Barrett Pkwy (West of 41 in the Publix shopping center).

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 10:07:03 AM »
Chepe's Mexican Grill is going in to the old Scalini's Italian Restaurant 1205 Johnson Ferry Rd Marietta GA, 30067

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 10:34:56 AM »

Chef Richard Miley has opened Chops and Hops just South of Athens in Watkinsville.  He is putting the staff through training this week but will be ready for any of us this weekend for sure.

Here is the Website:

http://www.chopsandhops.com/index.html

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:08:15 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 02:11:58 AM »

Sounds like the Yoforia in Vinings might actually have opened yesterday?

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
Finally! Wife and I love yoforia

Offline Barnum

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »
also looks like a "My Friends Place" snuck into the long long vacant coffee net space on Camp Highland, next to the Mobile in with Roy's Cheesesteaks and the new Caribbean place.  Drove by it this morning and it's already open...

(I know, hardly "coming soon", just didn't seem right to start a thread for MFP)

Offline MoT

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
Wow. They did sneak in. I was at that new Cactus car wash the other day and missed it! I love the one at Akers Mill. I wonder if the different restaurants are consistent. I like their tuna salad with garlic 1000 Island and carrot sticks, along with a bowl of chicken chili. Only 1 mile from my house. : )

But boy oh boy, that traffic can get backed up there when people are trying to turn onto Oakdale to get to Austell? I guess.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
also looks like a "My Friends Place" snuck into the long long vacant coffee net space on Camp Highland, next to the Mobile in with Roy's Cheesesteaks and the new Caribbean place.  Drove by it this morning and it's already open...

(I know, hardly "coming soon", just didn't seem right to start a thread for MFP)           

I do fondly remember MFP's chicken salad sandwich and the Mexican wedding soup,  They were fairly close to our office at JCB and I-85, and served as a good lunch provider for a couple years.  At that time JCB was much different than it is today.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
I've lived in Atlanta for 35 years and discovered MFP years ago. I don't think I have ordered anything else but a tuna salad sandwich on white toast and of course some chocolate chip cookies. I wish there was one near my apartment.
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline Barnum

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »
But boy oh boy, that traffic can get backed up there when people are trying to turn onto Oakdale to get to Austell? I guess.

Folks turning there are typically heading cross-country to Veterans Memorial or down oakdale/discovery to get to I20 without going through that ridiculous 285 south to I20 west crawling merge... that backs up for miles in the evening.

Many folks are also taking Pebblebrook over to the back entrance of Vinings Estates to avoid the East-West connector traffic.