Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225268 times)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
Places that have either very recently opened or should be soon. Ibiza Bar and Grill. Have not been, know little but it’s in the same shopping center as Dolphin Pizza. I think it may be in the location of the old Veranda restaurants (yes plurual).

Basilico, a Mediterranean and Italian restaurant on Atlanta Street in Roswell, Clock Tower in the short-lived Dominick’s and previously Sugo location. It is from the owner of Cedar’s the long-time Lenox popular spot though now RIP.

Tutto Restaurant & Bar, Elizabeth Way and Alpharetta Street in the dining Mecca that downtown Roswell hath become.

Never assume. I figured Ibiza would be Spanish. Nope it's  Mediterranean, though to me looks Persian http://ibizaroswell.com. In between stuffing kabobs in my mouth, perhaps somebody could explain the difference. But I'm just a grubber, so as long as it tastes great, label it however you'd like. So now it looks as if the area has become a Mecca for such: the two newbies just named in addition to proven winners Noosh, Jerusalem Bakery, and 1001 Nights.

It's really not easy being me.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #871 on: September 05, 2014, 09:45:33 AM »
Some sort of Bar and Grill opening up in the original Doceur de France location on Atlanta Street in Marietta.  Fixing up the parking lot and adding new landscaping.

Is this the Doceur on South Marietta Pkwy?  Or the one on Atlanta St in Roswell?

I ran by the Roswell Doceur de France this morning, and it was open, so I assume it would be the Marietta one that's getting the makeover.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #872 on: September 11, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
Four new places going into the Sweet Apple area of Roswell.  Sushi, pizza, Etris Kitchen and a place called Peach and Porkchop (or some thing like that).

You mentioned P&P in July of 2013.  And they "Joined Facebook 06/02/2013." More than 14 months later, they are still "coming soon." This has to be a record.

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #873 on: October 05, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
Four new places going into the Sweet Apple area of Roswell.  Sushi, pizza, Etris Kitchen and a place called Peach and Porkchop (or some thing like that).

You mentioned P&P in July of 2013.  And they "Joined Facebook 06/02/2013." More than 14 months later, they are still "coming soon." This has to be a record.

According to their FB page, Peach and Porkchop is opening on Tuesday.  They don't have any menus up on the website though...  https://www.facebook.com/PeachAndThePorkchop

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #874 on: October 06, 2014, 08:11:37 PM »

According to their FB page, Peach and Porkchop is opening on Tuesday.  They don't have any menus up on the website though...  https://www.facebook.com/PeachAndThePorkchop

I know someone semi-involved with this, and they are opening this week.

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #875 on: October 07, 2014, 08:35:34 PM »
Howards in Smyrna is set to become “The Crafty Hog” from the owners of Gibney’s Pub.

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2014/10/historic-howards-restaurant-to-be.html

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #876 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:02 AM »
I think the new Moxie Burger in Roswell has opened.  What say yee?

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #877 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:28 AM »
Moxie Burger is indeed open with a beautiful outdoor deck in Roswell (in same strip mall as Chaplains). 

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #878 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
I think the new Moxie Burger in Roswell has opened.  What say yee?

As Roxro (Moxie Roxy?) said, yes. I agree cool patio as I go back to the Edible Expression days with said patio. But Moxie does have a bar, so I can see sipping a few on that patio. The most important question, here is how it ranks in area options (with Bocado opening next week).

1.   Oak Street Café
2.   Bite
3.   Kozmos Gastropub
4.   OTP Grille
5.   Crabapple Tavern
6.   Moxie Burger
7.   Rhea’s
8.   Fickle Pickle
9.   Foundation Social Eatery
10.   Lucky’s
11.        The Counter
12.   Village Burger

<b> Edit:</b> I should clarify my list is purely for burgers. FSE is my favorite restaurant on that list but the burger is not their greatest item by any means. Eventually I will try the burger at the newest love of my life Peach & The Pork Chop but with so many burger joints, I'm still touring PnP menu before I try the burger.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:24:15 PM by uOTPia Dweller »

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #879 on: October 25, 2014, 10:52:32 AM »
Informant the Kat Man tells uOTPia Dweller about this place http://anchorsroswell.com

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #880 on: December 10, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »
Gravy Kitchen and Bar set to open on Boulevard near I-20. Anyone have the scoop?

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #881 on: December 25, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
Nagoya in Roswell appears to have reopened- but in the stinky Kroger plaza in place of Kani House.  I will have to check this out!

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2015, 07:58:18 PM »
The Crafty Hog in Smyrna has opened. I hope to check it out in the next few weeks.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #883 on: January 15, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »

"Big Daddy Que and Wings" toward Loganville off from 78 on Rosebud Road where Rey's Cubano used to be. 

2950 Rosebud Road
Loganville, GA 30052

New big smoker, great ideas, his first brick and mortar after catering and having great BBQ at Snellville Farmers Market, Grayson Farmers market and one other. 

Todd & Moe Lawson are the owners and are working hard to get the doors open soon.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2015, 07:35:51 AM »

Kevin Gillespie, owner of Gunshow, on “Top Chef Duels.”

In a press release this afternoon, chef Kevin Gillespie of Gunshow announced that his newest project, Revival, will open in early June and be located in the Decatur space recently occupied by Harbour House Pub.

The concept will be a “fresh take on the traditional, family-style Sunday dinner, with a focus on farm-raised and artisan-prepared ingredients.”

“I have fallen back in love with the traditional dishes I grew up eating, and those that represent the beautiful culinary traditions of the Deep South,” Gillespie says in the release. “Inspired by the cooking of my grandmothers and the history of our region, I want to breathe new life into that classic family-style restaurant, or ‘meat and three.’ We hope to showcase the dishes with a passion and precision that is largely unavailable currently.”

More from the release:

Revival’s menu will offer a blend of meats, fish, and fresh vegetables, with seasonal options that change daily. Lunch will be served a la carte, while supper, Gillespie says, “will more closely resemble a classic Southern family-style spread served in your grandmother’s home. Revival will be like going to your grandma’s on Sunday—except every day.”

The setting even promises to echo a visit to your grandmother’s house, with a lush garden in the front and a spacious yard in the rear. Revival will be located at 129 Church Street in Decatur and is scheduled to open in early June.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.