Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225298 times)

Offline jimmy

• Email
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #735 on: March 06, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »
Stax Burger Bar in Roswell on Grimes Bridge and 92 in the plaza where Wolf Camera used to be.  More Burgers...hmmm.  Anyone have any details?

There's a family of restaurants in the Greenville, SC area with the name Stax. Wonder if they are any relation?

I don't think it is. I could go for some Stax Omega right now.....(G'vile is my hometown, and I still go up as often as I can. I have many good memories of eating at the Stax restaurants growing up...)

Same here (JL Mann, what!) - Stax Omega was a breakfast favorite of mine.

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #736 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #737 on: March 07, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
Word is Tasty China coming to Emory area - per CL:

http://clatl.com/omnivore/archives/2012/03/07/tasty-china-coming-to-emory-area

You have just made my wife very, VERY happy.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #738 on: March 07, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »

With three locations and the famous chef long gone, it's now just a chain.  I'll stick with Gu's.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #739 on: March 09, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »

With three locations and the famous chef long gone, it's now just a chain.  I'll stick with Gu's.

Actually, I've seen many folks express the opinion that at least one of the locations was improved without Chang's influence. I know some of the best meals I had at the original were during a time when he was abroad (though I also had a few amazing ones when he was in back). Regardless, it's a cuisine that's not well-represented in that immediate (Emory/Decatur) area, so I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

In other area news, one of if not our favorite baker in Atlanta, Maria Moore Riggs, owner of Little Red Hen Bakeshop (sells at the Decatur Farmer's Market, among others, and supplies Farm Burger and a few other places with goodies) is opening an artisan doughnut shop called Revolution Doughnuts in Decatur next door to Ale Yeah! this May.

Also, Hankook Taqueria is rumored to be moving into the former Cakes & Ale location.

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #740 on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
In other area news, one of if not our favorite baker in Atlanta, Maria Moore Riggs, owner of Little Red Hen Bakeshop (sells at the Decatur Farmer's Market, among others, and supplies Farm Burger and a few other places with goodies) is opening an artisan doughnut shop called Revolution Doughnuts in Decatur next door to Ale Yeah! this May.

Uh oh, this sounds very dangerous!  Doughnuts are my favorite indulgence, the trek to Sublime Doughnuts has been the only thing separating me from complete and utter ruin...

Offline MadBob

« Reply #741 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »
Doughnuts and Ale!!! "Kill" two birds with one stone on a trip to Decatur! Might even grab some artisan Pork Belly Bacon or some Cheese from Ale Yeah while you are there....
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #742 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »

Also, Hankook Taqueria is rumored to be moving into the former Cakes & Ale location.

please, PLEASE if there's a God let this rumor be true!!!! I'm addicted to their Fried Green Tomato tacos and the Bibimbop.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #743 on: March 22, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »
Sadly tis not to be. place called the pinewood confirmed for the spot.

http://www.decaturmetro.com/2012/03/18/the-pinewood-opening-in-old-cakes-and-ale-spot-on-w-ponce/
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #744 on: March 22, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :(
maybe they'll take over something else.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #745 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »
Sitting across the street at REV (in Smyrna, on Spring road east of Atlanta road), looks like Boca Mexican Grill about to open in what was most recently Victoria's Cafe.  Rumor has it that this is being done by the owner of Taverna Fiorentina.  The finishes are much nicer inside, but this place is still relatively tiny from a seating perspective.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BOCA-Mexican-Grill/235591049851321?v=info
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:33:27 AM by Barnum »

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #746 on: March 29, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »

Offline totm

« Reply #747 on: March 29, 2012, 01:59:28 PM »
Rumor has it an indonesian place is going in where Tomo used to be in Vinings, and a persian place in that same shopping center.
I'd heard that another sushi restaurant went into the old Tomo space.  Still good sushi and at a decent price point.

that makes me sad. Was hoping for something different
Has anybody who lives/works in that area of Cobb seen a name?
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline Barnum

« Reply #748 on: March 30, 2012, 08:49:14 AM »
Rumor has it an indonesian place is going in where Tomo used to be in Vinings, and a persian place in that same shopping center.
I'd heard that another sushi restaurant went into the old Tomo space.  Still good sushi and at a decent price point.

that makes me sad. Was hoping for something different
Has anybody who lives/works in that area of Cobb seen a name?

Hoki

http://hokiatlanta.com/

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #749 on: April 16, 2012, 07:58:12 AM »

sooooo....went to lunch at Hankook on Friday so I talked with them directly about the possibility of them opening a location in Decatur. they said that they really wanted the old Watershed location but the landlady was being difficult. they are continuing to look in the area though including a spot across from the CDC Emory campus. *fingers crossed*