Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225487 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #705 on: January 26, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
In the old "The Spot" burger location at Hwy 9 and Devore Road in Alpharetta there is a new place going in either called The Oasis or The Palms .. sorry I was driving by and couldn't quite remember.  There was a palm tree on the sign.  ;) I know that building sat vacant for 9 months so it's good to see something going in there.

Is this a trend.   My gosh I hope so.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #706 on: January 26, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »
In the old "The Spot" burger location at Hwy 9 and Devore Road in Alpharetta there is a new place going in either called The Oasis or The Palms .. sorry I was driving by and couldn't quite remember.  There was a palm tree on the sign.  ;) I know that building sat vacant for 9 months so it's good to see something going in there.

Is this a trend.   My gosh I hope so.

Good luck to them.  They sit on essentially a shortcut road that people use to get from Hwy 9 to Haynes Bridge.  The view of the restaurant is blocked by the Bank of America building and difficult to see unless you are looking for it.  I do hope the new place is good and/or interesting but judging from prior tenants it's going to be an uphill battle.

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #707 on: January 26, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »

It's the Seven Seas Cafe, purports to be Mediterranean. Pretty sure this link is to them: http://www.sevenseascafe.net/

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #708 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys. I also saw them working in there a few days ago but didn't notice a sign. I agree with the comments about location. Also keep in mind that Cafe Efendi just reopened a little bit up Main Street from here. These two facts don't bode well for this new joint.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #709 on: February 01, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

As has been widely reported, Kevin Rathbun (Rathbun's, Krog Bar, Kevin Rathbun Steak), along with his business partners (wife Melissa Rathbun, Cliff Bramble, and Kirk Parks) is planning to open KR SteakBar in the ADAC West building. Slated to open in late summer, the restaurant will feature a menu of "small plate steaks meets Italian fare." The space, including outdoor patio, is being designed by The Johnson Studio.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:21:08 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #710 on: February 02, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
Where is the ADAC West building?

Offline jimmy

• Email
« Reply #711 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
Near Paul's restaurant in Peachtree Hills (off Peachtree near the Peachtree battle shopping center)

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #712 on: February 03, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »
Thanks Jimmy!

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #713 on: February 07, 2012, 08:11:35 AM »
Wasn't sure if this post should go under "Closed" or "Opening Soon" but I'm gong the the glass half full approach.  Decatur Metro posts that Zucca on E. Courthouse Square is going to be replaced by Colbeh Persian Kitchen.  No further details known (aside from the fact that they've applied for a liquor license).

While I liked Zucca, there's no shortage of decent 'za in Decatur.  A good Persian restaurant will be a welcome addition to the area.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #714 on: February 09, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »
Now open in N. Druid Hills [from their FB page] 

Cupz & Cake is a full service coffee bar and dessert market. With a In-house Baker and a Barista Master, our ability to provide custom services is limited only by our customer's imagination. All items in the shop are sold as minis (mini cakes, mini pies, mini chocolates, mini pastries, etc... )Full cakes and pies are offered on the Cupz & Cake website.

Address 1171 LaVista Rd

Offline MadBob

« Reply #715 on: February 11, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
Burger Tap (bc Atl needs another burger joint!) in former Caramba Cafe location on North Highland.

Now open.  Glanced in last night -  bright open space.  Looks like counter service with at least 20 beers on tap.

Burger Tap is open. I went in for a 1/4 lb burger with Gruyere Cheese, crispy onion shreds, and a Truffle Oil glaze, Onion Rings and a Hopsecutioner.
Burger a little on the small side (for me) but with lots of flavor cooked med rare and the bun lite and flavorful. I liked the Onion Rings, thinly sliced and crispy, (a little oily though) with great flavor. Not a large portion. A very nice pour of the Hopsecutioner.

Now, the burger was $5.80, Rings 2.80 and the beer was 4.50. With tax a little over $14.00. After leaving I was still hungry and a little miffed at the price verses quantity of food. Food was good don't get me wrong, but after around an hour I felt that maybe that was enough as I didn't have that gorged feeling and still had a good taste in my memory.

Would I go back? Yep. And it is also right across the street from Alon's Bakery on Highland Ave!

Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #716 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
Wasn't sure if this post should go under "Closed" or "Opening Soon" but I'm gong the the glass half full approach.  Decatur Metro posts that Zucca on E. Courthouse Square is going to be replaced by Colbeh Persian Kitchen.  No further details known (aside from the fact that they've applied for a liquor license).

While I liked Zucca, there's no shortage of decent 'za in Decatur.  A good Persian restaurant will be a welcome addition to the area.

Agreed...I have virtually zero experience with Persian food, but I'm also annoyed when when we get the nth iteration of the same cuisine (pizza, fro yo -- okay, I guess it doesn't apply to bars) in downtown Decatur. So I welcome this bit of variety.

Now if we could just get some Vietnamese on the square and possibly, maybe, a ramen-ya? I keep trying to talk the Umaido guys into opening a branch.  ;)

Offline jimmy

• Email
« Reply #717 on: February 15, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #718 on: February 21, 2012, 07:28:20 AM »
not to the level of food we normally discuss here but.....
Del Taco is returning to Atlanta!!!
http://whatnowatlanta.com/2012/02/16/del-taco-plans-to-open-60-atlanta-metro-area-locations/

I always liked their food better than Taco Bell. I hope they take over and renovate all those abandoned Mrs. Winner's and El Pollo Loco locations.

Offline omnivorous

• Email
« Reply #719 on: February 24, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »
Wow, I couldn't tell you the difference with a gun to my head, but my girlfriend flipped out when I passed this on to her ;D