Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225489 times)

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #675 on: November 04, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: November 05, 2011, 12:17:13 AM »

Newsflash: Yum Bunz + Guy Wong

Yum Bunz will specialize in those fluffy Chinese steamed bread buns filled with an assortment of both savory and sweet fillings.

GG>-  Very interesting, I wonder where it will be located, Decatur ?

http://www.chowdownatlanta.com/newsflash-yum-bunz-guy-wong/   

More on this :

http://clatl.com/omnivore/archives/2011/11/04/christiane-lauterbach-upgrades-miso-izakaya-to-3-stars

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline jonnymack

« Reply #677 on: November 13, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
Georgia Pit BBQ, on South Cobb Dr in Smyrna next to JR Crickets in the old Bruester's ice cream space. Banner on outside declares it's open for business.

http://www.georgiapitbbq.com/  Given it's proximity to me, not sure how I missed this.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:16 AM »
Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Waffle House has purchased a parcel of land at the corner of Int'l Blvd and Centennial Park Blvd to open a "showcase" Waffle House [showcasing the hickeys on the waitresses' necks perhaps?].  No timeline for opening set.

Offline totm

« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »
Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Waffle House has purchased a parcel of land at the corner of Int'l Blvd and Centennial Park Blvd to open a "showcase" Waffle House [showcasing the hickeys on the waitresses' necks perhaps?].  No timeline for opening set.
Heard that on WABE this morning.  It is to have 43 seats which is 20% more than your average Waffle House.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »
Heard that on WABE this morning.  It is to have 43 seats which is 20% more than your average Waffle House.

After years and years of turning onto Sam's Crossing from College Ave, I recently nothiced the Waffle House museum on College. Wonder if that will stay put? Anyhow, maybe they could take some of the monster trucks from the 1996 olymipcs and park them outside the new "showcase" Waffle House right in the middle of tourist-central. Yee haw, ya'll!

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #681 on: November 15, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »

After years and years of turning onto Sam's Crossing from College Ave, I recently nothiced the Waffle House museum on College. Wonder if that will stay put? Anyhow, maybe they could take some of the monster trucks from the 1996 olymipcs and park them outside the new "showcase" Waffle House right in the middle of tourist-central. Yee haw, ya'll!

there's no doubt that the WH Museum will stay put. the reason it's there is because that buidling is the original Waffle House and after they were able to purchase the property they spent a couple of years restoring the building. they don't serve any actual food there. I remember buying Chinese food from there when it was called Hunan Express when I first moved into the neighborhood back in 2001.
a Waffle House downtown in the midst of all those hotels will make a FORTUNE!!!

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #682 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »
There's evidently a new Cuban restaurant opening in downtown Roswell.  I think it's named Luis' or something similar.  I was driving by and noticed a new green sign and what appeared to be a building still under renovation.  The location is odd but not much more odd than the tucked away and hidden Artisan Bakery... the new Cuban place is next to Corner Grocery on Woodstock.  Any Roswell folks have any more info on this?

Offline Minerva

« Reply #683 on: November 20, 2011, 09:45:19 AM »
There's evidently a new Cuban restaurant opening in downtown Roswell.  I think it's named Luis' or something similar.  I was driving by and noticed a new green sign and what appeared to be a building still under renovation.  The location is odd but not much more odd than the tucked away and hidden Artisan Bakery... the new Cuban place is next to Corner Grocery on Woodstock.  Any Roswell folks have any more info on this?

A few months ago I met the young chef opening this place and mentioned I spent many moons in South Florida and was picky about my Cuban food. He said I would have no complaints with the authenticity of his, so I am looking forward to the opening. Wish I could remember his name......
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline peachE

• Email
« Reply #684 on: November 20, 2011, 02:08:47 PM »
The name looks like Lazaro's from the sign.  Not sure of their opening date.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #685 on: November 20, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »

Funny, I drove by the intersection and from a distance (in the daylight) it looked like Lupe's.  Guess I'll just have to park and go look.  ;D

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #686 on: November 21, 2011, 08:20:38 AM »

Funny, I drove by the intersection and from a distance (in the daylight) it looked like Lupe's.  Guess I'll just have to park and go look.  ;D

Their website is http://lazaroscuisine.com/ from the sign.  Says opening Mid November?

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #687 on: December 03, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
SmashBurger is up to six locations in the area, on its way to 20 according to plans.  :o The one in Kennesaw just opened in the strip on Barrett Parkway in front of the mall.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #688 on: December 03, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »
SmashBurger is up to six locations in the area, on its way to 20 according to plans.  :o The one in Kennesaw just opened in the strip on Barrett Parkway in front of the mall.

I'm holding out for a Shake Shack to come to Atlanta.

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #689 on: December 03, 2011, 10:07:39 PM »
A new Carribean place "Jerks" is opening soon on Spring Rd. in Smyrna. I couldn't see a date from the road, but the signage is up. It's in the same shopping center as Lucky 13 pizza.