Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225724 times)

Offline Melomom

• About Face
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #645 on: July 08, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted, but No. 246 from Chef's Fry (JCT Kitchen) and Belline (formerly of Floataway) is opening in Decatur next week.

http://www.no246.com/

They are working really hard to finish the space, I walk by there early most mornings and they are there at 6 am.  Looks like it will be a great space and a great addition to downtown Decatur!

Offline Barnum

« Reply #646 on: July 16, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
On the corner of Highland Pkwy and Oakdale (just off S. Cobb Drive, in with Roy's Cheesesteaks) it looks like "Simply Delicious Caribbean Cuisine" is gone.. not sure when that happened... with this sign up:

Very Promising, gotta say that it's about time somebody leverages the longstanding BuckHeathen BBQ traditions!   ;D

Looks like they have a bigger plan than a lot of folks who've come into this little strip.  This has gone up in the last couple days:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:16:48 PM by Barnum »

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »
In what may or may not be actual news, the long-proclaimed "Blue Agave" restaurant on Old Milton has actually put up a sign out front. The name is now "Azul Agave." Still no indication of an actual ETA on opening.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #648 on: August 05, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »
Another Boardwalk Fresh Burgers & Fries is opening at Ansley Mall:

1544 Piedmont Rd, Suite 219
Atlanta , GA  30328

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #649 on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »
Another Boardwalk Fresh Burgers & Fries is opening at Ansley Mall:

1544 Piedmont Rd, Suite 219
Atlanta , GA  30328

The fries here, ordered extra crispy, beat teh PANTS off 5 guys and are really really good fries.

Offline Davo7

• Email
« Reply #650 on: August 09, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »
In Shallowford Corner shopping center, BBQ 1 is going in where the old Amore's Pizza place was. Anyone been to the other branch?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
In Shallowford Corner shopping center, BBQ 1 is going in where the old Amore's Pizza place was. Anyone been to the other branch?

If you mean the place on Lower Roswell road, the answer is yes.. there is a thread on here about it...

http://285foodies.com/forum/metro-atlanta/sam's-bbq1/msg363/#msg363

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Northside Chip

« Reply #652 on: August 10, 2011, 05:18:56 AM »

Actually, I think you are referring to Grand Champion BBQ which is at the corner or Shallowford Rd and Johnsons Ferry Rd in the Publix shopping center. Owner trained with Sam and the gang at BBQ1 and it shows. I had a sample of the pulled pork and it was unsauced, moist, and juicy. I have yet to make it there for a full meal so had not yet wanted to do a full write up.

NC
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:07:46 AM by Northside Chip »

Offline Minerva

« Reply #653 on: August 10, 2011, 06:04:47 AM »

[/quote]

I believe you're referring to Grand Champion BBQ? It's already open, and it isn't connected to Sam's BBQ1 other than that one of the owners used to work for Sam.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Davo7

• Email
« Reply #654 on: August 10, 2011, 01:07:52 PM »
Thanks for the update. Look forward to the reviews

Offline Minerva

« Reply #655 on: August 10, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »
There already is a thread on it on this board. Personally, I like it a lot.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
A friend of mine was talking to one of the ladies who owns the dry cleaners in the front of the Watershed/Farm Burger building on W. Ponce in Decatur.  Turns out the dry cleaner ladies own the building - who knew? - and they have had a LOT of interest in the Watershed space.  They can't disclose any real details yet but apparently one person owns a restaurant in New York and is looking in the Atlanta area.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #657 on: September 04, 2011, 02:23:46 PM »
On the corner of Highland Pkwy and Oakdale (just off S. Cobb Drive, in with Roy's Cheesesteaks) it looks like "Simply Delicious Caribbean Cuisine" is gone.. not sure when that happened... with this sign up:

Very Promising, gotta say that it's about time somebody leverages the longstanding BuckHeathen BBQ traditions!   ;D

Looks like they have a bigger plan than a lot of folks who've come into this little strip.  This has gone up in the last couple days:

Food and More had a blurb on it a week or so ago:

http://blogs.ajc.com/food-and-more/2011/08/25/buckhead-barbecue-co-to-open-soon-in-smyrna/

And I stopped on the way by today because a bunch of folks sitting outside on the deck.  They said they'd be opening on Tuesday.  I asked if they'd be smoking meat on site and got an oddball response, so I assume the answer is no.  The article seems to highlight their 8 sauces.  I''m looking forward to trying them and want them to be fantastic (this is close to home) but I've never had great experiences with bbq places that pay more attention to the sauce than the meat.  On the positive side, sounds like another Dave Poe relation involved with this one.

Their FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/BuckheadBarbecue?sk=wall#!/BuckheadBarbecue?sk=wall

(This is in the same strip as Roy's Cheesesteak)

Added later:  Looking at their facebook page, they say they have new southern pride smokers out back.  Good sign.  A little surprised someone a couple days from opening up would go for a non-informative goofy remark with no follow-up instead of talking up his 'que.  Still hoping the que is good!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:34:50 PM by Barnum »

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #658 on: September 05, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »
A Piece of Cake is open on Cobb Parkway in the small shopping center in front of Kroger and C&S Oyster Bar. They only have a banner up, no permanent sign yet. Mr. Sadle bought me a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for my birthday since a Piece of Cake is one of my favorite bakeries. It didn't disappoint; delicious!

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #659 on: September 10, 2011, 09:00:03 AM »
Sushi Itto Japanese Restaurant in old Harvest Bread location on Briarcliff at La Vista.