Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 226534 times)

Offline ryan.pernice

• Email
Re: Coming Soon.....Table & Main
« Reply #600 on: April 26, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
"Table & Main | a southern tavern" is opening in Summer 2011 at 1028 Canton Street in Roswell, GA.

We will serve cuisine best described as "Simple. Seasonal. Southern." created by Chef Ted Lahey (currently at Pricci).

Our menu includes Southern dishes like Country Fried Veal Chop, Plow Point Farms Fried Chicken, Bone-In Pork Chop and a whole lot of other favorites Southerners are likely to recognize.

I'd love for everyone to check out the website (www.tableandmain.com) or our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/tableandmain) to learn a bit more about the restaurant.

Hope to see you soon in the Dining Room!

Best,
Ryan

--DISCLAIMER: I own the restaruant. Tend to be a bit biased.

Offline hallucinex

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #601 on: May 13, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
In the Cafe Efendi spot there will be a "La Casa Italian Grill".  Just saw a banner.

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #602 on: May 14, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »
On our morning walk my friend and I stopped to peek in at the new Tex-Mex place the Fox Bros. folks are opening in Decatur.  The manager, Cindy, couldn't have been friendlier, she invited us inside to look around and gave us the scoop.  She said they are getting ready for server training and plan on opening, first just for dinner, the week of the Decatur Arts Festival (which I think is the week of May 23).  She was very excited about the menu, said there will be a lot of great food and desserts (you know I liked to hear that!).  It is pretty incredible how different, and good, the space looks.  There is a beautiful, rustic-looking wood bar, a large open dining room, lots of cool artwork, a patio, and also a game room in the back (which we didn't look at).  Even with the space next door it is all a lot bigger than I would have thought.  I will definitely look forward to checking them out.

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #603 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »
In the Cafe Efendi spot there will be a "La Casa Italian Grill".  Just saw a banner.

The last e-mail the Efendi folks sent out prior to their closing gave no indication as to when they will re-open in their new location. I hope it's soon, as there is a depressing lack of Mediterranean restaurants of any kind in this area.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #604 on: May 15, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »
Cindy is a great person - she was management at the Fox Bros, and she'll  do a great job at the new spot.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #605 on: May 24, 2011, 06:27:29 PM »
Two more new offerings on Canton Street in the heart of Roswell- Roswell Provisions (looks like wine and cheese place) by the people who have Kadycakes upstairs and Little Steak Alley (or something like that) by the folks at Salt and INC across the street.  

Offline Minerva

« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2011, 05:45:18 AM »
Regarding Canton Street, has anyone mentioned Slate? It's going into the space that was formerly Taste on the northern stretch of Canton. Chef/owner is the same as Indigo, which is very high-rated for its food and ambience. Slate will be less formal and open for lunch and dinner.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2011, 07:22:13 AM »
Tasted a sample of Slate at Alive after Five and the mini-sliders were very good.  Hope the chorizo ones make the menu.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #608 on: May 25, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
Just noticed Mirko Pasta is opening up in shopping area near Cloud 9 (they now have cupcake bottoms to put froyo into).
Was curious about Mirko but lost enthusiasm after checking out their website and seeing it is a chain.  Anyone been to Mirko?

Luckily, I don't have to worry about great pasta, since buying the Kitchen Aid pasta attachment for my DH and pasta maker supreme-o.

Offline Girly

« Reply #609 on: May 25, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
Just noticed Mirko Pasta is opening up in shopping area near Cloud 9 (they now have cupcake bottoms to put froyo into).
Was curious about Mirko but lost enthusiasm after checking out their website and seeing it is a chain.  Anyone been to Mirko?

Luckily, I don't have to worry about great pasta, since buying the Kitchen Aid pasta attachment for my DH and pasta maker supreme-o.

Weird, I think I saw that there's a  Mirko also opening in East Cobb - next to a Gigi's Cupcakes...which is 2 doors down from Pinkberry!  ;D

Offline Barnum

« Reply #610 on: May 29, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
On the corner of Highland Pkwy and Oakdale (just off S. Cobb Drive, in with Roy's Cheesesteaks) it looks like "Simply Delicious Caribbean Cuisine" is gone.. not sure when that happened... with this sign up:

Very Promising, gotta say that it's about time somebody leverages the longstanding BuckHeathen BBQ traditions!   ;D

Offline Barnum

« Reply #611 on: May 30, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »
Another Smyrna Opening, this one in the old Fortunato's spot:

Found this FACEBOOK PAGE

Offline Minerva

« Reply #612 on: June 06, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »
The two guys who own Salt and INC on Canton are opening Little Alley Steak across the street in the space just vacated by Roswell Clock. Same exec chef as other two restos, with steak house concept. They are unsure of time frame for opening, thinking maybe sometime in the fall.

With Slate and Table and Main poised to open a bit farther north on Canton, plus all the existing eateries there, I'm beginning to wonder if the historic district isn't reaching some kind of restaurant saturation point.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #613 on: June 12, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
Has this been posted?  On the way out of town for a quick trip Saturday, I noticed that what was the Athens Express on Clairmont near the VA now has a sign that says Cafe 155 (which is the state route number for Clairmont I believe) or similar.

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
Has this been posted?  On the way out of town for a quick trip Saturday, I noticed that what was the Athens Express on Clairmont near the VA now has a sign that says Cafe 155 (which is the state route number for Clairmont I believe) or similar.

The next website I went to answered my question.  From decatur Metro:

http://www.decaturmetro.com/2011/06/12/kitschn-155-takes-over-retro-arbys-building-on-clairmont/