Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 226556 times)

Offline hallucinex

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #570 on: April 13, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
At North Point Mall where the Joe's Crab Shack used to be there's a sign up for a "Spice Brick Oven".

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »
At North Point Mall where the Joe's Crab Shack used to be there's a sign up for a "Spice Brick Oven".
http://www.sagewoodfiretavern.com/alp_news.html

It's part of sage's empire.
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
OUR NEWEST CONCEPT

SPICE Brick Oven Kitchen
Tapas & Bar
Opening Spring 2011

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #573 on: April 15, 2011, 07:29:01 AM »
The Great Atlanta Pizza Wars are ESCALATING.

And we're all the winners:)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »
The Piedmont Ave location of Grindhouse Killer Burgers will open tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11am according to their facebook page.

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #576 on: April 19, 2011, 07:19:06 AM »
The Piedmont Ave location of Grindhouse Killer Burgers will open tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11am according to their facebook page.

always disappointed when a restaurant claims to have fresh ground burgers but still won't cook it med rare for me. hopefully their med is like FarmBurger's.
beer prices are a little high. $4 for a pint of Yuengling? better be a true pint!
one other note for the owners: learn how to spell "guinness".

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »

always disappointed when a restaurant claims to have fresh ground burgers but still won't cook it med rare for me.

Shoeshine boy, you've hit a nerve with me too.  Especially a restaurant that claims to control their product from farm to table (are you listening Farmburger?).  So if the product isn't in question, is it the food handling skills of their kitchen staff?  Flip offers up a steak tartare burger, and I don't recall seeing their parking lot littered with dead bodies.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »

always disappointed when a restaurant claims to have fresh ground burgers but still won't cook it med rare for me.

Shoeshine boy, you've hit a nerve with me too.  Especially a restaurant that claims to control their product from farm to table (are you listening Farmburger?).  So if the product isn't in question, is it the food handling skills of their kitchen staff?  Flip offers up a steak tartare burger, and I don't recall seeing their parking lot littered with dead bodies.
The 'Best Burger in Atlanta' stuff on the AJC was bogus due to this problem. How can you judge a burger if it isn't cooked to order?

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #579 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »
I've chimed in on the cooked-to-order issue before.  I prefer a burger rare, not even medium rare.  I don't care how miraculously juicy some of these high-end burgers that are cooked to medium are said to be--I want the juices to be red.

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2011, 02:52:22 PM »
From the Patch: "Yotopia will be occupying a space at the Shops at Comet Trail development by the beginning of June if all goes as planned. The Shops at Silver Comet is located at 4626 Camp Highland Road and is 0.1 mile west of the South Cobb Dr. and East/West Connector intersection. Twisted Taco, Firehouse Subs and FedEx/Kinkos are some of the businesses currently in the retail specialty center."

The other nearest Fro-yo places are Cowwhateveritscalled in Vinings and Yoforia in Vinings. There is a Carvel in the adjacent shopping center. I go to the bike shop in the same strip mall, and there was no activity of a build out last week.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #581 on: April 19, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »
*Ping* Roxro. Bride reports that she believes Yogurt Creations is open. She had to drop off something at Sea Ventures and said it looked like somebody was at the counter. We need a report by noon ET tomorrow Rox.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #582 on: April 19, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
*pong* UTOpia- where is Yogurt Creations?  All of these yogurt shops are making my head spin and brain freeze. 
Not sure I have time to taste test fro-yo this week as I am in the midst of Easter dinner preps- tomorrow I'll be making Bacon Marmalade to top my pimento cheese (inspired by recent trip to Empire State South).

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #583 on: April 19, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
"Burrito Gorilla" has a sign up at the former Flippin' Out Burger location at State Bridge/Jones Bridge in AlphaCreek. The series of tubes indicates that they are a "chef-driven burrito restaurant," whatever that might mean.  ;)

Email from the chef/owner today. Reads, in part:

"I am so happy to announce the GRAND OPENING of the first of my two new restaurants (located right next to each other). The BURRITO GORILLA opens tomorrow night. For a week, we'll just serve dinner; then after that, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Executive chef-created burritos, tacos and all kinds of specials."

The rest of the e-mail gives hints about the menu, all of which sound interesting. I feel about new restaurants the same way I feel about trailers for summer movies. Mostly, that involves me fervently hoping they don't suck.  ;)

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #584 on: April 21, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »