Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225500 times)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2011, 07:28:03 PM »
One of these J. Buffalo Wings coming to Rozwell, Alpharetta Highway and Mansell. Limited reviews out there aren't bad. However, pretty naive supporter "This Atlanta franchise is the only one I know of in the country that will serve you shrimp fried rice with a side order of buffalo wings! "

Shoot, places like that are everywhere. Long lost Hong's Bros on Piedmont Road, late 80s-to-early-90s was among the first I knew of, but so many of those kinds of joints around. Borneo Wings is an example near me that pulls it off pretty well.

http://www.j-buffalowings.com/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:30:03 PM by Not Infamous Chef uOTPia Dweller »
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline MadBob

« Reply #556 on: April 02, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
J Buffalow Wings at the corner of Cruise Rd. and Sugarloaf Pkwy in Lawrenceville!  Good food and friendly staff! I always enjoy the food taht we get there, and if you want hot, be prepared for the heat!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #557 on: April 02, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
A banner is up at the old Hollywood Video building on Old Alabama across from Kroger.
Chepe's.   Always friendly, always fresh!
A small chain out of Canton with 4 locations.
The people in the photo gallery look happy and their food has lots of squiggles squirted on it.

Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #558 on: April 03, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »
Hmmm, actually the Erwood's Facebook page lists pizza and "Chef Trevor". Perhaps no more Peter Principle and Trevor is back to the grubber cuisine that he excelled at. Now is it anything like Vito Goldberg's? Do I have to do everything?

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #559 on: April 06, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »
I just noticed Barkers Red Hots is going in near Roswell High School by the Trader Joes at the intersection of King and Woodstock Rds.  Should be a great location with all of the high school kids in walking distance.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #560 on: April 06, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
I just noticed Barkers Red Hots is going in near Roswell High School by the Trader Joes at the intersection of King and Woodstock Rds.  Should be a great location with all of the high school kids in walking distance.

Good news gal. Have not made it to the Mayretta location, but did enjoy in a previous lifetime at Underground.

Slimberry update is there is no update. Website had opening date as March 1. Finally, in the middle of the month, it said April 1. As of a day or so ago, it still says that. We passed yesterday on the way back from Erwood's. Still "coming soon" with brown paper covering windows. What are they doing in there? Yogurt Creations also not opened, but bride reports work clearly being done and she saw equipment being carried in last week.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:31:36 PM by Not Infamous Chef uOTPia Dweller »

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #561 on: April 06, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »
I just noticed Barkers Red Hots is going in near Roswell High School by the Trader Joes at the intersection of King and Woodstock Rds.  Should be a great location with all of the high school kids in walking distance.

Good news gal. Have not made it to the Mayretta location, but did enjoy in a previous lifetime at Underground.

That's cool.  Always down for a good hot dog :)

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #562 on: April 06, 2011, 07:29:36 PM »
What are we going to do if Slimberry doesn't open soon????  Guess I'll just have to grab a cupcake.
Have been enjoying Cloud 9 with buy one get one free coupons.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #563 on: April 06, 2011, 09:27:21 PM »
What are we going to do if Slimberry doesn't open soon???? 

Not sure. My froyoholic middle child is chomping at the bit. They all seem to be very happy with Yoforia though.

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #564 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:08 PM »
What are we going to do if Slimberry doesn't open soon????  Guess I'll just have to grab a cupcake.

Every time you guys post about Slimberry, I read it as Slimeberry...which, I suppose, could be slimming. In several ways.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »

Every time you guys post about Slimberry, I read it as Slimeberry...which, I suppose, could be slimming. In several ways.

+1. I like the previously maligned name of Shrimp Happens much better. I hope the froyo is better at Slim(e) than the shrimp at Happens.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »
I personally think Slimberry is a poor choice of names.  I guess it is a take on Pinkberry, but it makes me think it is going to be a all sugar free (obviously not my concern).  Hmmm, maybe I should get a cupcake first at Cloud Nine and put my fro-yo and toppings complete with their whipped cream on top. There must be a reason some yogurt places sell cupcakes on the side. ;)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2011, 07:36:35 AM »
I personally think Slimberry is a poor choice of names.  I guess it is a take on Pinkberry, but it makes me think it is going to be a all sugar free (obviously not my concern).  Hmmm, maybe I should get a cupcake first at Cloud Nine and put my fro-yo and toppings complete with their whipped cream on top. There must be a reason some yogurt places sell cupcakes on the side. ;)
Sorry - all this talk reminds me of:

Owner: We sell forbidden objects from places men fear to tread.
       We also sell frozen yogurt, which I call ``Frogurt''!

Owner: Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: [worried] Ooooh, that's bad.
Owner: But it comes with a free Frogurt!
Homer: [relieved] That's good.
Owner: The Frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: [worried] That's bad.
Owner: But you get your choice of topping!
Homer: [relieved] That's good.
Owner: The toppings contains Potassium Benzoate.
Homer: [stares]
Owner: That's bad.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:38:44 AM by KoPP »

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2011, 07:44:53 AM »
Roxro, you talked me into it. I did very much enjoy the red velvet cupcakes from Cloud 9 at the Taste of Roswell, but have yet to get into their store. I will take the family today.

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #569 on: April 08, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
"Burrito Gorilla" has a sign up at the former Flippin' Out Burger location at State Bridge/Jones Bridge in AlphaCreek. The series of tubes indicates that they are a "chef-driven burrito restaurant," whatever that might mean.  ;)