Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 226549 times)

Offline Barnum

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #510 on: February 27, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
Walked by the Fox Bros cantina space the other day and they look to be making progress.  I am sure that space needed a lot of work based on what I saw of it in its previous incarnation.

Where is it gonna be?

What used to be Nathalie's Fish house (and the place next store?).
Decatur downtown on Commerce?

No.  Their address was Ponce (as with everything in that little strip, including Sushi Avenue and Cafe Lily), even though physically they were on Ponce de Leon Place, south of Ponce, where it dead ends into Swanton Way (a block south of Cakes & Ale.)

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #511 on: February 28, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Yeah, we get our dogs groomed at The Fur Side (highly recommended, btw. Daniel is a saint), which is right next door, and I peeked in the open door of the space on Sat. I only got a quick look and I'm no construction expert, but it appears they're done with demo/removal and are just beginning to build it back up. I'm sure they're shooting for a late spring/early summer opening. Will be a heady time with them and the amazing new Cakes & Ale space/bakery/(walk-up?) opening up.

Offline bbq

• Email
« Reply #512 on: February 28, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
we are shooting for a may opening. if all goes well of course.

it needed a ton of work, complete gut and rebuild.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
New self-serve frozen yogurt called Slimberry's coming to Alpharetta, Rte 9 and Haynes Bridge and, surprise-
new frozen yogurt and cupcake bakery in Crabapple near Sip, Element, Can Taqueria.

For those who cannot stand driving more than five miles for a fro-yo, fix, move to north Fulton.

After these new ones open, I may do a grand tasting tour.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2011, 12:58:51 PM »
we are shooting for a may opening. if all goes well of course.

it needed a ton of work, complete gut and rebuild.

Looking forward to it!  You've set the bar pretty high and I, for one, hope to see you come up with some new, unusual, and tasty things like you've done with the 'que.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
I for one am hoping the bar is low so I don't have to climb up on the barstools.

Looking forward to the place. A soft opening would be fun...

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #517 on: March 01, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »
I mean by Bagel Boys, Mambos. 

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #518 on: March 01, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »
new frozen yogurt and cupcake bakery in Crabapple near Sip, Element, Can Taqueria.

Is this Froyo/Cupcake combo joint in Crabapple called Kokopelli Bakery? Or am I thinking of another place?

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »
Stopped at Piece of Cake in Decatur today for a cupcake and noticed that the storefronts to the east all have for lease signs in the windows.  Is Trackside not re-opening there, or did I just not see them?  anyone heard anything about 5th Earl?

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
In answer to my own question, must have missed it.  Seems a March opening is in the works:

http://decatur.patch.com/articles/the-track-is-back-almost

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »

Is this Froyo/Cupcake combo joint in Crabapple called Kokopelli Bakery? Or am I thinking of another place?

Yes, it is Kokopelli Bakery.  Interestingly it is across the street from Scoops (opened last summer) that also serves cupcakes and other baked goods along with ice-cream and a massive amount of candy.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
Stopped at Piece of Cake in Decatur today for a cupcake and noticed that the storefronts to the east all have for lease signs in the windows.  Is Trackside not re-opening there, or did I just not see them?  anyone heard anything about 5th Earl?

After months of wrangling with their insurers and/or the building owner, the owners of 5th Earl decided to cut bait. Based on the still oft-repeated laments over this fact I see on blogs and forums, I really wish they'd reconsider and open up in a new spot.

There's reason to hope the bakery portion of Cakes & Ale will step into this gourmet sandwich void. And there is Duck's, but they're closed in the evenings when I would be able to patronize them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:42:15 PM by Hrothgar »

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #524 on: March 01, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »

This place is in the Bagel Boys and Mambo's Cafe shopping center. 11770 Haynes Bridge is the address.
http://myslimberry.com/contactOurLocation.html

Website sez opening March 1. That's coming soon, I think. Let me check my....oy, daughter has baseball practice, oldest son swimming. They may need something to kewl down afterwards.

I hear it makes a great dessert after Peruvian food too.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/