Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225366 times)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
Saw they are having a franchise seminar at the Ritz Carlton, so I am guessing coming soon is Tasti D Lite http://www.tastidlite.com/

Looks like they are enormously popular in the Mecca of Chains, New York.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »
Saw they are having a franchise seminar at the Ritz Carlton, so I am guessing coming soon is Tasti D Lite http://www.tastidlite.com/

Looks like they are enormously popular in the Mecca of Chains, New York.

They have tried this market back in 2006 and it didn't get too far.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
Sazon closed. I liked my one trip, but Mambo's Cafe is closer and much better, so I never made a second trip. I guess neither did many. However, in its place is Tasca Latin Bistro. Site under construction, but menu up http://www.tascabistro.com/

Hours? Found out about them with an ad in the Revue & News. Went to their web page and Facebook page. Your guess is as good as mine.

Offline secret chef

« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
Chef Pete's Cajun Cuisine-Coming Soon- In the Mansell Oaks strip mall (same place as Longhorn Steaks on Mansell Rd.) On opposite end from Longhorn. To the left of BirdWatchers Supply. I have no idea if this is the same Chef Pete of Dumpwoody fame or not.

I just tried to call Chef Pete's Cajun Cuisine, using the number on the web site. I got the message "This number has been disconnected or no longer in service". Geez, I hope that is not an omen. Or, maybe they misspelled the number.

Well the websites is if it has finally opened. Can anyone confirm, refute? MoT, what say you?

I drove by today and I didn't see any signs of life in that location (shopping center with Longhorn & The Counter).  It still looks like a vacant building to me.  At least a few months ago, they had a "coming soon" banner out there.  I am thinking that they are not re-opening any time soon...

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
Not exactly a "coming soon," but Cafe Efendi in Alpharetta is moving to a new location (the strip at the intersection of Hwy 9 and Old Milton where The Tinder Box is). Last day at the current location is allegedly March 12, to be followed by a two-month "transitional period" before re-opening at the new spot.

Interesting. I like the current location as I think this house has character. Neat place to eat a meal. I guess having frontage on Main Street is better for business.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:54 AM »
Not exactly a "coming soon," but Cafe Efendi in Alpharetta is moving to a new location (the strip at the intersection of Hwy 9 and Old Milton where The Tinder Box is). Last day at the current location is allegedly March 12, to be followed by a two-month "transitional period" before re-opening at the new spot.

Interesting. I like the current location as I think this house has character. Neat place to eat a meal. I guess having frontage on Main Street is better for business.

Same thoughts from me.  I liked the old building, but I'm guessing a lot of drive by traffic doesn't even realize its there (that doesn't seem to hurt Pure).  I wonder if they'll build out the new location to give it some ambiance or if it will be just some generic strip mall gyro shop.  Who knows, maybe it's a lease situation where the landlord didn't want to adjust.  As for location on Main Street, even though it's on Main, I think that strip mall is horrible to get out of if you want to travel northbound.  I wonder if that will be a deterrent.

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »

Same thoughts from me.  I liked the old building, but I'm guessing a lot of drive by traffic doesn't even realize its there (that doesn't seem to hurt Pure).  I wonder if they'll build out the new location to give it some ambiance or if it will be just some generic strip mall gyro shop.  Who knows, maybe it's a lease situation where the landlord didn't want to adjust.  As for location on Main Street, even though it's on Main, I think that strip mall is horrible to get out of if you want to travel northbound.  I wonder if that will be a deterrent.

From what I overheard, one of the main motivations for the move is that the new location is big enough to accommodate large parties and special events. They have apparently had to turn down a number of opportunities because of a lack of space. I'll be very interested to see if the new location has the right kind of ambiance. Of course, if they're still serving the Iskender kabob then I'll be back even if there's no ambiance at all.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »

From what I overheard, one of the main motivations for the move is that the new location is big enough to accommodate large parties and special events. They have apparently had to turn down a number of opportunities because of a lack of space. I'll be very interested to see if the new location has the right kind of ambiance. Of course, if they're still serving the Iskender kabob then I'll be back even if there's no ambiance at all.

Mebbe I'm the ultimate good luck charm (I've been told many times) and the place is packed only when I'm there. From my many visits over the years, I'm sure lack of business at their current location is not an issue whatsoever. Moving into bigger digs, perhaps.

Like I mentioned before, the only ambiance that does seem to do it for me is restaurants in old houses. But even if they pull a Wildflour and go from a kind groovy place to generic poster child, I'm with the snow man.

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »
Erwoods Kitchen & Keg opened this weekend in the Crabapple area. According to some of my friends on twitter, this place is being opened by the same fella behind Tifosi Gastropub. I know nothing else about it. And since I don't get over to Crabapple very often, it'll probably be a while before I try it.

Here's their site on the interweb. Like Tifosi, there isn't much there:
http://www.erwoods.com/

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2011, 08:02:30 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:18:35 PM by Not Infamous Chef uOTPia Dweller »

Offline Barnum

« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2011, 03:15:31 AM »
teasing tweet from Fox Bros. last night saying "coming soon to Decatur!"... so I guess The Big Tex Cantina is still in the works?

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2011, 08:11:38 AM »
Walked by the Fox Bros cantina space the other day and they look to be making progress.  I am sure that space needed a lot of work based on what I saw of it in its previous incarnation.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #507 on: February 27, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »
Walked by the Fox Bros cantina space the other day and they look to be making progress.  I am sure that space needed a lot of work based on what I saw of it in its previous incarnation.

Where is it gonna be?
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline Barnum

« Reply #508 on: February 27, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »

Where is it gonna be?

What used to be Nathalie's Fish house (and the place next store?).

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #509 on: February 27, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

Where is it gonna be?

What used to be Nathalie's Fish house (and the place next store?).
Decatur downtown on Commerce?