Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 226555 times)

Offline shoeshine boy

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2011, 07:31:40 AM »
I've eaten at the Another Broken Egg location in Sandestin. It's pretty good. Or it was a few years ago.

I had brunch at Another Broken Egg in Destin this past September. good food, nice atmosphere. had something that was like a biscuit beignet. quite tasty.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
Well it appears there is one near Wills Park already, but looks like in the same shopping center as Rosa Marie (Jones Bridge @ Abbots Bridge) is a Brooklyn based Rita's doppelganger, Uncle Louie G's. Anyone been to the Wills Park area location or the states?

http://www.unclelouiegee.com/
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »
http://decatur.patch.com/articles/our-way-cafe-getting-ready-for-diners

I think this should count as a "coming soon" post.
speaking of which, anybody got a scoop on the Decatur Diner that's been "coming soon" for 7 months?

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
La Parillia to open in former Edo space in Toco Hills. Their menu screams for a number 13, I love that combo at these crappy places.

#13  13. One enchilada, one burrito, one chile relleno

tyvm.................
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline totm

« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
La Parillia to open in former Edo space in Toco Hills. Their menu screams for a number 13, I love that combo at these crappy places.

It may say chile relleno on the menu but I guarantee that what you get on the plate is a chunk of green bell pepper, some mystery meat, and topped with melted yellow cheese.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »

It may say chile relleno on the menu but I guarantee that what you get on the plate is a chunk of green bell pepper, some mystery meat, and topped with melted yellow cheese.

I got that at Jalisco in Peachtree Battle years ago. I wouldn't eat it and sent it back. Also, never went back there,
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline eatnrun

« Reply #472 on: January 14, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »
I remember Jalisco at Peachtree Battle!  I'm talking like 25-30 years ago - early '80's - we used to go to Oxford Bookstore and then eat at Jalisco on Friday nights.  We stopped going there the night we saw roaches casually sauntering across our table while we ate.  (((((shudder))))) 

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
There's a new Indian joint in south Forsyth on 141/Peachtree Parkway called Zafraan Hyderabadi Indian Restaurant. They are in a new but small strip mall a little south of the First Redeemer Church on the east side of 141. There's also an international grocery store in this same strip mall. I don't know much more about the place. Can't find anything on the interwebs about them. I drove through the parking lot tonight (a Saturday night) and they looked fairly busy. There is a small but growing Indian community in this part of Forsyth County. I'm guessing this is their client base.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Tre Vietnamese Dining
3055 North Point Parkway
Suite 100 & 200
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005
http://trevietnamesedining.com/

Just saw the sign.  It's between Zaxby's and Lifetime Fitness on N. Point Parkway.  Please please please let there be good Vietnamese food 2 min from my office! :)

It says "authentic".

Yes that would be kewl. One of the missing pieces to the the grubbing puzzle of uD International HQ is a nearby Vietnamese place. Saigon JCB to the east and that place in Rozstock to the west are slightly out of my daily distance range, but if this joint is good, that would be perfect.

I got an email that this place is opening today.  There have been several delays in opening, but that's not surprising.  I may head over here for lunch, we'll see how the work load is.

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #475 on: January 18, 2011, 07:06:54 AM »
well, the website says "now open". if you go by ask them to put their menu up on the website.

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »
Fresh off the heels of Jilly's opening, there is a new cupcake joint in south Forsyth about to open. There was a lot of talk on twitter yesterday about it as they had a special with one of the deal websites. Anyhoo, the place is called La Cupcakerie and will be across the street from the Avenue Forsyth (I'm told near the Buckhead Pizza). Website also says they bake fresh bread. Here's their spot on the interwebs... http://lacupcakerie1.com/

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2011, 08:51:53 PM »
FWIW, there is a second location of Jersey Boyz Pizza opening on Jones Bridge in the same shopping center as the revolving door of middling sports bars currently known as Yates.

Seems their original location in Cumming gets mixed reviews. With many other options, not to the least is the new love of my life RosaMia's a few miles down the same road, the all-over-the-place reviews don't have me counting the days until they open.

Roots, that's your area. Have you been to the original?
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:14 AM »
I heard about these guys. They've been in this build out for a few months now. The two locations are difficult for me. Their original shop is on Bethelview Road in south Forsyth. I don't often get up that way. And the new Johns Creek location is also in a location I don't frequent much. I'm almost directly in-between the two.

Quite frankly, with all the new stuff that is opening around here, these guys are way down on my to-try list. Rosa Mia is near the top though!

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #479 on: January 21, 2011, 09:33:08 AM »
Genghis Grill coming to former Blockbuster on Peachtree:
http://whatnowatlanta.com/2011/01/21/thirsty-dog-tavern-to-reopen-as-genghis-grill/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:36:29 PM by loveATL »