Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225220 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »
Atlanta is the most pork sausage-deprived place I've ever lived. Seems like every hipster breakfast place around my place (Grant Park) has something against plain ol sausage. Every permutation is available except the one that actually tastes good.

I can't speak so much for the breakfast part as it's the meal I least often eat out.

But Fox, SATH, 'Cue, and Hot Dog Heaven all have excellent homemade sausage. Others use Patak or Sausage World and I know GG*2 touts another supplier. I can even get a real Maxwell Street 'round here.

I like being depraved with those options.   

Here is some real touting...   Wonderful products and very inexpensive as a walk-in customer.

http://atlantasausage.com/index.html

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »

Actually took the time to call new BB's this morning.  They say they're still waiting on a final inspection.

Another call yesterday (this time to the new location) got the response of "maybe late next week"

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #437 on: December 11, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »

Actually took the time to call new BB's this morning.  They say they're still waiting on a final inspection.

Another call yesterday (this time to the new location) got the response of "maybe late next week"

BB's Bagels Alpharetta
We passed inspections and ready to roll! Tom rolling his first batch at the new store!
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #438 on: December 17, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
There's been a sign up at the old Pisces location on Old Milton for something called "Blue Agave Cantina." The intertubes inform me that there are a number of other restaurants by that name in various cities, but I'm unable to determine if there's any relationship between those places and the Old Milton location. Looks like Roots In Alpharetta has blogged about this already, but I thought I'd add the info to this particular corner of the web.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »
There's been a sign up at the old Pisces location on Old Milton for something called "Blue Agave Cantina." The intertubes inform me that there are a number of other restaurants by that name in various cities, but I'm unable to determine if there's any relationship between those places and the Old Milton location. Looks like Roots In Alpharetta has blogged about this already, but I thought I'd add the info to this particular corner of the web.

A little Googling indicates it's from the owner of the Palace (eh) in Norcross. Indian>Mexican: interesting jump.

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #440 on: December 17, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
BB's on State Bridge opened on Wednesday, according to what they said on twitter.

As far as Blue Agave Cantina... I know next to nothing other that what you read on my blog (thanks for reading!). I saw where they were petitioning the city of Alpharetta. Most new restaurants have to do this for sign permits, maybe if they make changes to the facade of the building, etc. Alpharetta is notoriously slow in granting these things for restaurants (see BB's above), so I don't know when Blue Agave will open. I'd gander to guess sometime in the spring, based on past experience.

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
Alpharetta/Milton will be getting a cupcake shop called Jilly's Cupcakes. They'll be on the corner of Windward and Hwy 9 in the Kroger shopping center, next to Hallmark. Scheduled date to open is Jan 3.

After the success Dutch Monkey Doughnuts has had in the last year, I'm kinda surprised no one has tried an artisan cupcake shop yet. We'll see how it goes.

http://www.jillyscupcakery.com

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #442 on: December 17, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »

After the success Dutch Monkey Doughnuts has had in the last year, I'm kinda surprised no one has tried an artisan cupcake shop yet. We'll see how it goes.

http://www.jillyscupcakery.com

Prolly wouldn't qualify as artisan, but Darcie's and Cloud 9 put out some fine cupcakes.

Hmm, Artisan Foods Bakery does have some good stuff, but not sure if I've seen cupcakes among their choices.

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #443 on: December 17, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
I may have jumped the gun on calling these guys "artisan". We'll have to see. I believe Jilly's will be all cupcakes, or at least they will be the feature. The other joints you mention are in Roswell. I don't know of anyone putting out high end cupcakes above Roswell.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »
Looks like a new taqueria is going in at the end of the strip mall located at Mansell and Old Alabama Connector. 
You know, the doomed place that previously housed The French Quarter Too, Yellow Fin and at least one other failed restaurant before that? 
May the gods of commerce have mercy on their souls.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2010, 12:21:10 PM »
Looks like a new taqueria is going in at the end of the strip mall located at Mansell and Old Alabama Connector. 
You know, the doomed place that previously housed The French Quarter Too, Yellow Fin and at least one other failed restaurant before that? 

That's going to be The Taco Stand (Athens), with a little change of style.  So they already have pretty good name recognition and a loyal following of UGA students.  They will have seating and large screen TV's as well as a Bar. 

The lady that owns it has 30+ years experience in the Atlanta FoodService Community and has another successful FoodService Operation in Alpharetta.  Although a lot of experience doesn't guarantee success, it sure gives a restaurant a good leg up.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2010, 04:10:54 PM »

That's going to be The Taco Stand (Athens), with a little change of style.  So they already have pretty good name recognition and a loyal following of UGA students.  They will have seating and large screen TV's as well as a Bar. 

The lady that owns it has 30+ years experience in the Atlanta FoodService Community and has another successful FoodService Operation in Alpharetta.  Although a lot of experience doesn't guarantee success, it sure gives a restaurant a good leg up.

Kewl, sort of like Twisted Taco, but hopefully good?

The older I get the more importance the propinquity of places I drink beer becomes. That would be closer than my other options, oft but not always TJ's by default.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #447 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »
The coffee shop next to Everybody's Emory looks to be opening late January, but they've got a coffee van working in the parking lot until then. They're using Intelligencia, and have some plans to wander with the van once the shops opened. Good news for the mobile crowd.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2010, 05:14:52 PM »
The coffee shop next to Everybody's Emory looks to be opening late January, but they've got a coffee van working in the parking lot until then. They're using Intelligencia, and have some plans to wander with the van once the shops opened. Good news for the mobile crowd.

Yes, these are 2 of the 3 guys that ran the place before octane, and ran the day-to-day as octane.  Think it's supposed to be "steady hand coffee".  They certainly don't seem to be giving up, though it's gotta be a little tough having 2 Starbucks within about 2 blocks (counting the one a couple doors down N. Decatur and the one a block down Oxford... both visible from this location).

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #449 on: January 01, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
I noticed a new place on 141/Peachtree Parkway in south Forsyth called Canvas Creek Grille. They are in the spot where Lowcountry Outpost BBQ used to be. They have a banner sign up and may already be open for lunch. Website hasn't been built out yet. Anyone know anything about them?