Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 226547 times)

Offline rebelliousrose

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #405 on: November 21, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »
Something is going into the old Olives Waterside location soon.......this ad was on Craigslist.

We are an up and coming restaurant on powers ferry road just inside the perimeter. Restaurant opening around the middle of December. For inquiries, apply in person at 6450 powers ferry road in Sandy Springs, GA 30339 on November 20, November 27, and December 4, 2-3 pm. The restaurant will be upscale, so experience serving is a plus, but not required. Full time and part time positions are available.

That location is rough.

Offline bbq

• Email
« Reply #406 on: November 21, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
that is supposedly peter chang's new place..

that building is in rough shape, we looked at it more than a year and a half ago...

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: November 21, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »
I've learned today of two new restaurants coming to Alpharetta. The first is called Tifosi Gastropub. I think there are some umlauts or something over one of those letters. I don't know much about them. They have a domain name registered but nothing is out there. They will be in the old KFC space on Main Street, across from Hardees. I can't imagine this space as a gastropub.

The second is Tilted Kilt. They have their eye on the vacant space on Windward where Frontera used to be (and before that, Roadhouse Grill). This is right next to Vinny's and near the Cingular offices. I've never been to a Tilted Kilt before, I know them only on reputation. I also know that they've been successful in Roswell in a formally unlucky space. Maybe they can do it on Windward. This is one of the few locations on Windward that can get cubicle dweller foot traffic. There is no reason there shouldn't be a thriving restaurant here.

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: November 21, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
The second is Tilted Kilt. They have their eye on the vacant space on Windward where Frontera used to be (and before that, Roadhouse Grill). This is right next to Vinny's and near the Cingular offices. I've never been to a Tilted Kilt before, I know them only on reputation. I also know that they've been successful in Roswell in a formally unlucky space. Maybe they can do it on Windward. This is one of the few locations on Windward that can get cubicle dweller foot traffic. There is no reason there shouldn't be a thriving restaurant here.

There's a TK in Kennesaw as well.  It does pretty good biz from the tired businessmen and KSU kids, although it just serves typical bar/chain food.  The waitresses in jailbait schoolgirl uniforms are the main draw.  The place seems like a more respectable Hooters with marginally better quality.  I'm a married man, so I never look at other women myself. :D
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: November 21, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »
...and, also on Windward will be a new location for Genghis Grill. They will be in the strip mall with Five Guys, Which Wich, etc. I dislike just about everything in here, I'd imagine this franchise will be no different.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #410 on: November 21, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »
...and, also on Windward will be a new location for Genghis Grill. They will be in the strip mall with Five Guys, Which Wich, etc. I dislike just about everything in here, I'd imagine this franchise will be no different.

Went to the one in Chattanooga. Purty craptastic.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Barnum

« Reply #411 on: November 21, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »
I'm a married man, so I never look at other women myself. :D

I know your wife... probably get in the biggest trouble sneaking off to an interesting or unusual meal without her ;-)

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #412 on: November 22, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »
I've learned today of two new restaurants coming to Alpharetta. The first is called Tifosi Gastropub. I think there are some umlauts or something over one of those letters. I don't know much about them. They have a domain name registered but nothing is out there. They will be in the old KFC space on Main Street, across from Hardees. I can't imagine this space as a gastropub.

Tifosi is Italian for "fan." Cycling fans in Italy are called simply the Tifosi. (Sorry, 'm a huge cycling fan.) May need to go drag some friends in Roswell up to Alpharetta to go to it.

Offline jimmy

• Email
« Reply #413 on: November 23, 2010, 04:51:49 PM »
I received this amazingly promising PR email.
I'm in charge of marketing and PR at a new Buckhead food and drink spot, Gypsy Stag.  Would love for you to stop in sometime!  The pizza is delish, and the calzones and stromboli are amazing.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2010, 07:59:09 AM »
Sign in front of the Saba location at Emory Village for a tea house, didn't write the same down so of course I can't remember it now.  When did that Saba close?  Maybe not the best time for a new venture there - just heard that that part of Oxford Road will be closed for two months after the first of the year for the roundabout construction.

phone still in service and msg still says they're open... website still says they're there... not solid evidence of them still being there, but I've not heard they're gone.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2010, 08:08:47 AM »

Actually took the time to call new BB's this morning.  They say they're still waiting on a final inspection.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #416 on: November 29, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
Sign in front of the Saba location at Emory Village for a tea house, didn't write the same down so of course I can't remember it now.  When did that Saba close?  Maybe not the best time for a new venture there - just heard that that part of Oxford Road will be closed for two months after the first of the year for the roundabout construction.

phone still in service and msg still says they're open... website still says they're there... not solid evidence of them still being there, but I've not heard they're gone.

Looks like they're still open and the "Houqua Tearoom" is going in under/behind the restaurant:

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #417 on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
Folks should be careful as far as the road construction - it's a major intersection, and I think construction may take longer than 2 months if they run into utilities needing to be re-routed.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »
Folks should be careful as far as the road construction - it's a major intersection, and I think construction may take longer than 2 months if they run into utilities needing to be re-routed.

The good news is that most of the utilities (water and power) have been rerouted in previous phases over the last year and a half.  The bad news is that the 2 months discussed is actually only for phase 2 of the current 4 phase effort to finish off the grand plan on the new traffic circle.  No matter how you slice and dice it, the new plan has less capacity (from a total lane "bandwidth") and is most likely going to cut down on the amount of traffic that can get through the village... no matter what is being sold as the added efficiency of a traffic circle.  Not sure that I really understand how the "keep the traffic moving" efficiency of a traffic circle works with all the pedestrian traffic.

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2010, 09:05:12 AM »
Rio Nuevo Cantina on North Point is finally opening today. They'll have some radio personalities there tonight, if that's your sort of thing. I'll pass.

For months they've been building out the space where Famous Dave's and Houlihan's used to be. I'll give them a shot... wishful thinking that they will break the mold of food near the mall.

http://rionuevocantina.com/